PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Superpower?

schrang41
03-14-2013, 01:03 AM
If you could have any superpower (no holds barred), what would it be and why?

For good/evil/personal gain?

Kerosene
03-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Clapping makes people who hear it have orgasms.

Just think of the applications!

Chase
03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Clapping makes people who hear it have orgasms.

So that's been my problem. So much wasted couples therapy sessions!

Actually, being deaf has created a superpower for me: I can smell things ordinary mortals can't.

Medievalist
03-14-2013, 02:24 AM
I can misspell in six languages.

Caitlin Black
03-14-2013, 02:50 AM
I can sleep through anything. Just call me Dr. Ignoro!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-14-2013, 03:09 AM
I can find the most obscure typos in any manuscript or document... except my own, of course.

lastlittlebird
03-14-2013, 10:50 AM
I can wiggle my ears independently of each other.
It's endearing and not at all freakish, I assure you.

Caitlin Black
03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Damn. Now I need to make one of my dragon characters wiggle his/her ears!

Thanks.

French Maiden
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
If I could have a superpower of any kind it would be to be able to write a publishable & polished book in one sitting.

clee984
03-14-2013, 01:38 PM
I think I'd like Patrick Stewart's superpower in Extras (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M).

Sophia
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I think I'd like Patrick Stewart's superpower in Extras (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M).

I was thinking about that scene the other day and giggling uncontrollably. :D Quotes from it come up naturally in conversation, now. "And I mean everything." :D

clee984
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
I was thinking about that scene the other day and giggling uncontrollably. :D Quotes from it come up naturally in conversation, now. "And I mean everything." :D

That they were both able to keep straight faces for that scene is oscar-worthy acting in itself :D

thepicpic
03-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Having thought about this long and hard (for about a minute), I most definately want the ability to cause people pins and needles.

Lavern08
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
I actually have extraordinary hearing.

It's a blessing and a curse. :Shrug:

Susie
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
I already have a super power. I can eat more chocolate than anybody. :D

mccardey
03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
ellipses....

no, wait.

quickWit
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
I repel women in a single bound

mccardey
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
I repel women in a single bound

aww...* :Hug2:

ETA: Just so you know, I repel men with a single punch to the groin.

BradyH1861
03-15-2013, 03:52 AM
ETA: Just so you know, I repel men with a single punch to the groin.

OUCH!

When I was in high school, I wanted to be invisible so I could go into the girl's locker room.

Now I want to be invisible so that I can avoid chores around the house.

And so that I can go around randomly kicking people in the bottom end.

Stlight
03-15-2013, 04:02 AM
I did not want this power, but it came unbidden. I can attract dust and pollen from enormous distances without lifting a finger or even an intent.

Ashwood
03-15-2013, 04:11 AM
I can sleep for hours on end!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-15-2013, 05:33 AM
I totally forgot my OTHER superpower. No matter where I go, old people are drawn to me to tell me their most intimate, personal stories... or what they had for breakfast. I'll be trying to choose onions from a bin at Walmart and - shazam! - some old man or old lady is suddenly asking me a question, looking for directions, commenting on the produce, or complaining about the lighting. Ol' Boy claims I have a tattoo across my forehead that says, "TALK TO ME!" that only old people can see.

It's my penance for all the people my dad used to waylay for a chat as I was growing up.

jjdebenedictis
03-15-2013, 07:46 AM
I already have a super power. I can eat more chocolate than anybody. :DOh, really?

**rolls up sleeves**

**loosens belt**

There can be only one.

Caitlin Black
03-15-2013, 07:52 AM
OFG, I have a similar superpower of the unwanted variety.

Strangers will frequently tell me things about themselves that I don't want to know. It doesn't happen as often as it used to, but there'll still be occasions where someone will just start talking about anything that's on their mind. Usually strangers.

Oh, and the most common one is what I get when I'm smoking. It's always the same:

Them: You don't seem like a smoker.
Me: I'm trying to quit.
Them: Yeah, I don't smoke, but I do take <pot/coke/whatever>.

I reckon if I were a plain-clothes cop, I could make a whole bunch of arrests no problem.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Ain't it the truth, Cliff? Sometimes I feel like I ought to stop them and say, "Should i turn my collar around? Is this confession?"

Why on earth do people tell their most intimate secrets to unknown people on the street?

regdog
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Ain't it the truth, Cliff? Sometimes I feel like I ought to stop them and say, "Should i turn my collar around? Is this confession?"

Why on earth do people tell their most intimate secrets to unknown people on the street?

It's easier than telling someone you know.

Superpower I want, retractable wings so I can fly.

Superpower I have, being grammatically incorrect.

Lavern08
03-15-2013, 05:59 PM
...Why on earth do people tell their most intimate secrets to unknown people on the street?

Because it's cheaper than therapy and they're thinking they'll probably never see you again. ;)

(Not that I'd know about talking to strangers or anything) http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Caitlin Black
03-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Mmm, these people need to find someone to talk to that isn't me. I'm rather quiet in real life, and don't often speak my mind, so they usually just info-dump on me and I nod and smile and say, "Oh?" and stuff like that.

Hey, maybe that's why they do it? "Here's someone who won't say anything about my bad decisions! He's so... quiet! Yes, I'll talk to him."

LOL, a few weeks ago I cleared out a bunch of my stored phone numbers in my mobile phone. There were 2 names I recognised as people who I'd spoken to once or twice and they had given me their number. And about 3 others who I had no clue who they were.

People just give me their number for no apparent reason. *shrug*

Ashwood
03-16-2013, 04:33 AM
I already have a super power. I can eat more chocolate than anybody. :D

Oh, really?

**rolls up sleeves**

**loosens belt**

There can be only one.

I'll be in the audience cheering both of you on, stuffing my face with chocolate.

jjdebenedictis
03-16-2013, 09:45 AM
I'll be in the audience cheering both of you on, stuffing my face with chocolate.Careful, there; we may need all available stock if we go into overtime.

Priene
03-16-2013, 11:59 AM
I want to fire high-intensity laser beams out of my nose.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-22-2013, 02:40 AM
You, too, Cliff?! I've got three names and numbers in my cell phone that belong to NO ONE I know.

Caitlin Black
03-22-2013, 02:53 AM
I did, but not any more. Deleted those suckers. :tongue

Oh, and my superpower of people telling me things I don't want to know happened again the other day. I was having a smoke, and this guy decided to tell me he used to be a drug dealer. *faceplant*

I swear, I should be an undercover cop.

GypsyKing
03-22-2013, 05:51 AM
Singular omnipotence, or the ability to do anything once.

Cella
03-22-2013, 06:01 AM
I speak too softly for most people to even realize I'm speaking to them...

Caitlin Black
03-22-2013, 08:45 AM
What? Did you say something?!

:D

reiver33
03-22-2013, 09:08 AM
On another website we had to invent crap superheros and i came up with 'Mister Diamante' - who has the ability to see through solid glass.

However, to answer the question posed - I'd like the ability to heal by touch.

schrang41
03-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I would want the powers of all the characters in street fighter 2 combined. I would be unstoppable.

xamich
03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Hah. My super power is ruining a pair of earphones within a month, no matter how much care I take. I think I have a little pikachu hiding out somewhere in my ear.

The super power I would LOVE is to be able to function without any coffee!

Maryn
03-22-2013, 08:53 PM
I can bend the last joint of my fingers, near the nails, without bending any of the others. My maternal grandfather could, too.

Neither of us figured out a way to make any money off it, though. Anybody willing to pay a quarter to see it?

Maryn, who may be on to something

measure_in_love
03-22-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm double jointed in my elbows. it's a weird family trait that all my cousins have on my dad's side. we're also pretty awesome with horses.

I'd want what every other woman in the world does: to eat anything I want whenever I want without gaining a bit of weight lol but alas, I currently do that with diet and exercise haha. I actually can't even really eat too much unhealthy food now because it gives me a stomach ache. womp womp.

Also being able to learn to play any instrument perfectly would be awesome. There are so many that I love.

Wicked
03-22-2013, 09:51 PM
In high school I had the ability to psych out bullies. To the point I walked up to one of them when she and her tramp squad cornered me by my locker, greeted her in the most condescending hateful voice I could muster, bumped past her, and called her a bitch with my back to her. It was plenty loud enough for her and the cronies to hear, and I just kept on walking.
The little voice in my head was screaming, "You are dead. You are so dead. They're going to drag you down the stairs and beat you into a greasy puddle."

No matter how many times they threatened to do me harm, they always stopped short, and never laid a finger on me. The previous incident was actually the last time they ever came near me again.

Who needs more power than that? :D

measure_in_love
03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Wicked, that's a pretty freaking awesome super power. maybe even wicked awesome (see what I did there? :) )

Caitlin Black
03-23-2013, 02:15 AM
I can bend the last joint of my fingers, near the nails, without bending any of the others. My maternal grandfather could, too.

Neither of us figured out a way to make any money off it, though. Anybody willing to pay a quarter to see it?

I used to be able to do that too! I can sort of do it now, but not as well as when I was a kid. I used to practice bending the last joint on every finger at the same time. It was kind of painful, actually. :tongue

And yeah, I never made any money from it. :( Poo.

WriterTrek
03-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Flying.

SelmaW
03-23-2013, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't have to ever sleep. It would be glorious. I'd learn a million languages! Read all of the books! Travel... Okay well in reality probably I'd watch a LOT of Netflix but hey I'd have wayyyy more time to do it in.

jjdebenedictis
03-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Some of the women in my family--but sadly not me or my sister--have an awesome superpower.

They can't smell skunk. Like, not even a little bit.

Occasionally my mom will ask what it smells like, and how do you answer that? It smells like skunk.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-23-2013, 07:43 PM

We may be related... kinda. Maybe 2nd cousins, twice removed. I can bend my thumbs backwards 90 degrees.

BradyH1861
03-24-2013, 03:58 AM
I can inflict corny jokes on all who come near.

And corny jokes will leave you with an eerie feeling.

measure_in_love
03-30-2013, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't have to ever sleep. It would be glorious. I'd learn a million languages! Read all of the books! Travel... Okay well in reality probably I'd watch a LOT of Netflix but hey I'd have wayyyy more time to do it in.

Selma, I'd totally do that too: learn all the languages and read the books and see everything :) but don't take away sleep! that's just crazy talk lol sleep is the best :)

jjdebenedictis
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't have to ever sleep. It would be glorious. I'd learn a million languages! Read all of the books! Travel... Okay well in reality probably I'd watch a LOT of Netflix but hey I'd have wayyyy more time to do it in.There was a guy on David Letterman once, quite a long time ago now, who didn't need to sleep at all.

He said it was like having one third more life than anyone else got. He had time for all kinds of hobbies in addition to working for a living, and when he'd been in the Navy, he'd won a bet with his buddies that they'd never catch him asleep. Over the course of four years, they never did.

Doctors weren't quite sure how he managed, given the body and brain normally do "maintenance work" while we sleep, but he was quite healthy, and his daughter had inherited his lack of need for sleep.

Sleep is pretty wonderful, and I'd miss my awesome dreams, but I would like having all the extra free time.

Robbert
03-30-2013, 08:21 PM
I think I can recall every single trip I ever made, the dates, duration, medium of transport etc.. Also, the opening or end position of many a chess game I played.

But when I'm in a supermarket, I regularly forget which things I wanted to buy.

Caitlin Black
03-31-2013, 02:03 AM
Maybe you wanted to buy a little pawn? :tongue

milkweed
03-31-2013, 02:13 AM
I can wiggle my ears independently of each other.
It's endearing and not at all freakish, I assure you.

My sheltie does that, and it is adorable!

schrang41
03-31-2013, 02:47 AM
I would want to do the Kane thing where he makes fire shoot out of nowhere from the ground, just to freak people out.