Been while since I've posted but....

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I would share this rejection I received from Wizards of the Coast today. The work I sent in is called The Light in the Darkness, and samples of it are sprinkled here and there in Share Your Work.

In most respects, it is a pretty standard rejection letter. "Thank you for your interest".... "we received a lot of good submissions"... "doesn't meet our publishing needs at this time"... etc.

But, hand-witten underneath in purple ink was this message:

"Interesing writing. We're currently looking for more "genre light" fiction, however. If you ever write a genre light book, please consider submitting it."

I've never gotten a rejection letter with a hand-written note on it before. I find it encouraging. I've only sent this out to three publishers and it's my first attempt at publication. I am still waiting to hear from the third, but at least I can feel good about this rejection. :D

Now... can someone tell me what "genre light" means?

Last edited:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, long time no see!

I have no clue what 'genre light' means, but congrats on the hand written note. I've only had a few of those and it always makes me feel better to know my work was good enough to actually spend a bit of ink, time, and thought on. You're on your way now! Good luck and keep us up to date.

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Storygirl!!! How ya been? Been a little hectic out my way with the new house and all. Gonna start popping in more regularly again, now that things are settling down.

Good to see you. :)

SeanDSchaffer

Hello David, it's good to see you again.

I don't think I've received a rejection as of yet with handwriting on it, either. I think that's cool, and their invitation to possibly submit again sounds like a good sign.

I hope you have a good Sunday. Talk to you later!

smile.gif