PDA

View Full Version : How to respond to this Agent

VonAngel
03-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Over a month later, I reread this email and realized that I may have misinterpreted her response:

Thanks very much for your query. Apologies for my slow response. I'm in the middle of submissions right now but hope to get your manuscript in mid-to-late February. I appreciate your interest and hope you'll be patient with me.

All the best to you in 2013!

I initially thought that she meant that she would get TO my MS (I sent in 50 sample pages) in mid-to-late February, but now it looks like she said that she hoped to "get" (receive) my MS.

I don't know if she indeed made a typo or if I was a complete moron in misreading. I did send her an immediate reply, thanking her for the update and that I hoped to hear from her then. But how do I address this now? Do I let it be and do a typical follow up email on the partial? Do I ask for a VERY late clarification? (probably not) Do I go ahead and submit the full manuscript? I'm not sure how to respond w/o her thinking that I'm a total :censored .

Terie
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I do think it's a typo meaning 'get to your manuscript'. The context of the rest of the paragraph would suggest that that's what she meant. If she was requesting your manuscript, she would've said something very different.

But good luck. :)

VonAngel
03-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I do think it's a typo meaning 'get to your manuscript'. The context of the rest of the paragraph would suggest that that's what she meant. If she was requesting your manuscript, she would've said something very different.

But good luck. :)
Makes total sense. Thanks, love!

Saija
03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
I agree. I don't think what she wrote would have made sense except if it was a typo. Good luck!