PDA

View Full Version : Funny Detention Stories

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 12:31 AM
What did you get detention for in school?

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 12:31 AM
I'll go first. This took place in junior high science class.

"Ms. Science Teacher, I have a question."

"What is your question, BradyH1861."

"Is it true Uranus has rings around it?"

I was promptly marched to the principal and given afternoon detention.

Wicked
03-10-2013, 12:42 AM
<---- Never had detention. *bats eyelashes innocently*

No, I'm serious. Never.

I do know my eldest got his first kiss in detention. I have to wonder exactly what kind of punishment it is to leave a teenage boy and girl alone in a room for an entire day. :Wha:

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 12:48 AM
I do know my eldest got his first kiss in detention. I have to wonder exactly what kind of punishment it is to leave a teenage boy and girl alone in a room for an entire day. :Wha:

If that was how detention was at my schools, I would have been worse than I already was!

I ran into one of my former teachers one day about 5 years ago. (I actually pulled her over speeding....this was when I worked patrol.) We recognized each other. She said she always thought I'd be in the back of a police car and not driving one!

Wicked
03-10-2013, 12:54 AM
I ran into one of my former teachers one day about 5 years ago. (I actually pulled her over speeding....this was when I worked patrol.) We recognized each other. She said she always thought I'd be in the back of a police car and not driving one!

:roll:

After high school my friends were surprised I didn't go into LE.

I always joked, "Are you kidding? I'd never make it past the psych exam."

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 01:25 AM
One step above detention was ISS (or In School Suspension).

I had a friend who got ISS for mooning the girl's volleyball team. When I asked the teacher why he got ISS and not ASS, I got detention.

Believe it or not, I was a bit of a smarta$$ in my youth. It caused lots of headaches for my teachers and early gray hair for my mother.

Wicked
03-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Believe it or not, I was a bit of a smarta$$ in my youth.

Shocking. :tongue

My mother always claimed I put my kindergarten teacher into retirement. I once tied my grade school teacher to the flag pole.

High school, however, was detention as far as I was concerned. I had to wait for that final bell to ring before I was free to be me.

Maryn
03-10-2013, 01:29 AM
We're shocked, Brady, just shocked.

I was a goodie two-shoes and never got detention. I thought some detention-worthy things but didn't say them out loud. It's a skill I use to this day.

Maryn, whose skill set is small

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 01:34 AM
I thought some detention-worthy things but didn't say them out loud.

See Maryn, many if not most people have a filter like you do. My problem was that I was born without one. I had a habit of saying whatever came into my head.

Often with detention as a result.

As I have aged, I've slowly created my own filter. It usually works though I do have slip ups sometimes.

Wicked
03-10-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm the opposite. My filter has deteriorated over the years. :D

Cliff Face
03-10-2013, 01:56 AM
I, uh, "supplied" glue sticks to some other kids in class and got detention for that. By supplied, I mean gave them 2 glue sticks, the old tube ones that never worked very well, and they cut off chunks and threw the glue at the ceiling.

I think that was the only time I ever got detention. Like Maryn, I thought plenty of things that would've got me in trouble, but rarely said them.

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 01:58 AM
they cut off chunks and threw the glue at the ceiling.

Sounds fun. I'll have to try it sometime. However, I fear what my wife will do if she catches me at it.

Cliff Face
03-10-2013, 02:01 AM
LOL. I think this may have been why they only suggested it when we had a substitute teacher. :tongue

Wicked
03-10-2013, 02:05 AM
I lived fifty miles from school. Twenty miles of gravel road, thirty miles of highway/streets, and a 72' Camaro with more engine under the hood than I should've had. I also had a penchant for being late.

Once I hit that highway I put the pedal down to make up time. Almost every time there would be the same Highway Patrolman going the other way.

He'd point at me and shake his finger.

Maybe my lack of detention wasn't so much that I was a good kid, as I was a really lucky one. :roll:

rhymegirl
03-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Brady, I was a perfect angel in school.

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Brady, I was a perfect angel in school.

I doubt that.

My problem is that my mother is a retired elementary school teacher and I am married to a high school teacher. So here I am in my 30s and I STILL get in trouble with teachers on an almost daily basis.

Cliff Face
03-10-2013, 02:14 AM
Well, that's what you get for not doing your homework! :D

rhymegirl
03-10-2013, 02:28 AM
I doubt that.

It's true. I was very shy and quiet in school.

Siri Kirpal
03-10-2013, 03:19 AM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I never got detention either. (Got straight A's, making the A on Hester's breast my shining star. It was much the same isolation.)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Kerosene
03-10-2013, 03:33 AM
I never got in trouble 'cause I never got caught...

I always did thing in front of the teachers and staff that should have gotten my ass in trouble, but I did it such a way that they couldn't do anything about it. Like talking back in, insinuating something, but simply stating nothing at all.

At lunch, my friends in the drama club hung out in a certain cove outside and we'd start big songs with forty people singing all at once.
One time, we sang "Saint James Infirmary" kicking for bass and Rob sang lead while standing on a planter in the middle of the courtyard. The principal (we called him Cherry, for his bald red head), was so pissed, but with 100+ students in the song, he couldn't do anything about it.

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 04:25 AM
It's true. I was very shy and quiet in school.

And then you joined the AW Forum and got totally corrupted by the evil influences of Haskins and Rob-e-vowel in the P&CE threads.

I had nothing to do with it.

Silver King
03-10-2013, 04:48 AM
This discussion reminds me of The Breakfast Club. Not sure how well that film has held up over the years, but I enjoyed it a lot when it was first released.

The dean of my high school once told me that I was the brightest student he'd ever met who was stupid enough to get into as much trouble as I did. He'd had a long career up to that point, so I took it as a compliment. :)

pkbax
03-10-2013, 05:04 AM
No fun stories from school detention I'm afraid. Little-Miss-Goodie-Twoshoes, Teacher's pet here.

I'm the opposite. My filter has deteriorated over the years. :D

Mine too. I find the older I get the less I care and the more I speak my mind, espeacially the smarta$$ stuff.

My problem is that my mother is a retired elementary school teacher and I am married to a high school teacher. So here I am in my 30s and I STILL get in trouble with teachers on an almost daily basis.

Bless your mom and your wife. I find it frustrating to teach the new trainees - I couldn't handle a room full of high school kids.

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 05:13 AM
My brother and his wife are both teachers. As is the former Mrs. BradyH1861.

I'm the black sheep in the family.

pkbax
03-10-2013, 05:25 AM
My brother and his wife are both teachers. As is the former Mrs. BradyH1861.

I'm the black sheep in the family.

Bet being the black sheep makes you good at your job. ;)

Liralen
03-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Never had detention either, which is a miracle considering I got stuck in a private school run by a fundamentalist Independent Baptist church in the south.

I was good at staying under the radar though. They knew my "heart wasn't right," but they couldn't pin anything to me.

There was a tunnel running underneath the baptismal font. No one used it. Not until I told M how to set up grow lights for his pot plants.

Made a good bit of pocket money setting up bets on people doing crazy stunts.

The summer I got sent to church camp was . . . interesting ;)

When I went to public high school, well, we had armed cops on every floor of the school -- four buildings, two of them three stories, two two stories. No one was really worried about detention worthy offenses.

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Never had detention either, which is a miracle considering I got stuck in a private school run by a fundamentalist Independent Baptist church in the south.

I went to Catholic school up through 5th grade. Discipline was administered by Attila the Nun. Apparently the Biblical commandment to turn the other cheek meant that both cheeks got swatted with the wooden paddle.

Trust me, no of us were spoiled as the rod was not spared.

rhymegirl
03-10-2013, 06:07 AM
And then you joined the AW Forum and got totally corrupted by the evil influences of Haskins and Rob-e-vowel in the P&CE threads.

I had nothing to do with it.

Yes, I've been corrupted by some evil AW'ers.

Liralen
03-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Ever hear of Bob Jones University? That's where nearly all our teachers were from. It was insane. They were insane. They hated everyone, everyone was going to hell but them. They weren't too far away from the Westboro mentality. :(

I think I made a few of them a little crazier. I tried, anyway ;)

MaryMumsy
03-10-2013, 07:43 AM
I got detention in first grade, as well as a whupping from Mom, for ditching school. I was bored. I had transferred schools after two months. I could read, the others couldn't.

MM

BradyH1861
03-10-2013, 07:47 AM
I think I made a few of them a little crazier. I tried, anyway ;)

Good for you! Hope they didn't serve cool-aide at meal times!

JedEmily
01-01-2015, 01:18 AM
I got detention because I didn't read. My school has this thing with points, and every book you read, you have to do a test on it, and how much questions you get right adds up to a total of points at the end of the year. I wasn't doing these tests, so I got detention

Tazlima
01-01-2015, 01:50 AM
I got detention in seventh grade for dropping a pencil.

Actually, I guess it was technically for picking the pencil up. You see, it rolled off my desk and I only had the one, so I picked it up off the floor. I didn't even leave my chair. That was the entire extent of my "troublemaking."

For some unfathomable reason, my bending over to pick up a pencil infuriated the teacher and he gave me detention. Oh, and did I mention that class hadn't even begun yet? We were all just waiting for the last few students to trickle in and the bell to ring.

Looking back, I can only conclude that the teacher had some serious issues.

backslashbaby
01-01-2015, 04:34 AM
In private jr. high school I had one teacher with issues, too. She threw me out of her room for rolling my eyes, and everyone watching me sitting there nicely started yelling at her, lol. I didn't do it, really. My sister had acted up earlier in the day in her class, though.

I was very careful in public high school to twist the rules to my benefit. If there was a loophole, I'd take advantage, but I didn't get in trouble for it :D Love loopholes!

I did get busted legitimately for going out to lunch as a sophomore one day. To my amazement, I got school service (picking up trash) instead of anything that would go on my record, because I was an honors student and on a popular team, etc. That really isn't fair. I didn't complain, but my mind was pretty blown.

Rotes
01-01-2015, 04:41 PM
I nearly attacked a fellow student.
The detention slip misquoted me. For the record, I never said "You throw like a girl.".
I'd love to give that PE teacher enough PEG to make her shat out her colon.
>(