Funny Detention Stories

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
I'll go first. This took place in junior high science class.

"Ms. Science Teacher, I have a question."

"What is your question, BradyH1861."

"Is it true Uranus has rings around it?"

I was promptly marched to the principal and given afternoon detention.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
<---- Never had detention. *bats eyelashes innocently*

No, I'm serious. Never.

I do know my eldest got his first kiss in detention. I have to wonder exactly what kind of punishment it is to leave a teenage boy and girl alone in a room for an entire day. :Wha:

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
I do know my eldest got his first kiss in detention. I have to wonder exactly what kind of punishment it is to leave a teenage boy and girl alone in a room for an entire day. :Wha:

If that was how detention was at my schools, I would have been worse than I already was!

I ran into one of my former teachers one day about 5 years ago. (I actually pulled her over speeding....this was when I worked patrol.) We recognized each other. She said she always thought I'd be in the back of a police car and not driving one!

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I ran into one of my former teachers one day about 5 years ago. (I actually pulled her over speeding....this was when I worked patrol.) We recognized each other. She said she always thought I'd be in the back of a police car and not driving one!

:roll:

After high school my friends were surprised I didn't go into LE.

I always joked, "Are you kidding? I'd never make it past the psych exam."

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
One step above detention was ISS (or In School Suspension).

I had a friend who got ISS for mooning the girl's volleyball team. When I asked the teacher why he got ISS and not ASS, I got detention.

Believe it or not, I was a bit of a smarta$$ in my youth. It caused lots of headaches for my teachers and early gray hair for my mother.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I was a bit of a smarta$$ in my youth.

Shocking. :tongue

My mother always claimed I put my kindergarten teacher into retirement. I once tied my grade school teacher to the flag pole.

High school, however, was detention as far as I was concerned. I had to wait for that final bell to ring before I was free to be me.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're shocked, Brady, just shocked.

I was a goodie two-shoes and never got detention. I thought some detention-worthy things but didn't say them out loud. It's a skill I use to this day.

Maryn, whose skill set is small

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
I thought some detention-worthy things but didn't say them out loud.

See Maryn, many if not most people have a filter like you do. My problem was that I was born without one. I had a habit of saying whatever came into my head.

Often with detention as a result.

As I have aged, I've slowly created my own filter. It usually works though I do have slip ups sometimes.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. My filter has deteriorated over the years. :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I, uh, "supplied" glue sticks to some other kids in class and got detention for that. By supplied, I mean gave them 2 glue sticks, the old tube ones that never worked very well, and they cut off chunks and threw the glue at the ceiling.

I think that was the only time I ever got detention. Like Maryn, I thought plenty of things that would've got me in trouble, but rarely said them.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I lived fifty miles from school. Twenty miles of gravel road, thirty miles of highway/streets, and a 72' Camaro with more engine under the hood than I should've had. I also had a penchant for being late.

Once I hit that highway I put the pedal down to make up time. Almost every time there would be the same Highway Patrolman going the other way.

He'd point at me and shake his finger.

Maybe my lack of detention wasn't so much that I was a good kid, as I was a really lucky one. :roll:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brady, I was a perfect angel in school.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I never got detention either. (Got straight A's, making the A on Hester's breast my shining star. It was much the same isolation.)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I never got in trouble 'cause I never got caught...

I always did thing in front of the teachers and staff that should have gotten my ass in trouble, but I did it such a way that they couldn't do anything about it. Like talking back in, insinuating something, but simply stating nothing at all.

At lunch, my friends in the drama club hung out in a certain cove outside and we'd start big songs with forty people singing all at once.
One time, we sang "Saint James Infirmary" kicking for bass and Rob sang lead while standing on a planter in the middle of the courtyard. The principal (we called him Cherry, for his bald red head), was so pissed, but with 100+ students in the song, he couldn't do anything about it.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This discussion reminds me of The Breakfast Club. Not sure how well that film has held up over the years, but I enjoyed it a lot when it was first released.

The dean of my high school once told me that I was the brightest student he'd ever met who was stupid enough to get into as much trouble as I did. He'd had a long career up to that point, so I took it as a compliment. :)

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
No fun stories from school detention I'm afraid. Little-Miss-Goodie-Twoshoes, Teacher's pet here.

I'm the opposite. My filter has deteriorated over the years. :D

Mine too. I find the older I get the less I care and the more I speak my mind, espeacially the smarta$$ stuff.

My problem is that my mother is a retired elementary school teacher and I am married to a high school teacher. So here I am in my 30s and I STILL get in trouble with teachers on an almost daily basis.

Bless your mom and your wife. I find it frustrating to teach the new trainees - I couldn't handle a room full of high school kids.