author central/amazon UK,De Fr

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if my USA Amazon.com author page on Author Central covers all the other countries, or do I have to create a new page on each of the Amazons- UK, DE, FR? It appears as though I do have to, I just didn't want to mess anything up before I asked someone who knows for sure....Thanks!

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
You do have to create separate pages if you want language-specific information. I haven't bothered so far since the other sites pull my US description by default.

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
OK so you just do a page in english for each one? How do I figure out if they will pull my USA info to the other sites? Or does this happen automatically?

aibrean

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilsadowski.com
You have to sign up for Author Central on each language site. They don't link.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
OK so you just do a page in english for each one? How do I figure out if they will pull my USA info to the other sites? Or does this happen automatically?

Look up your book on the appropriate Amazon domain and see if your author description shows up. Mine did, but I didn't have to do anything to make it happen.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score

I translated my author central info into German and French for those pages, just because I could. I haven't done it for Spain and Brazil, but I haven't had time to focus on it.

I don't think it's necessary, but I doubt it can hurt (unless you translate poorly, especially to French). They're buying your stuff in English, I know, but I thought it'd be a little courtesy it wouldn't hurt me to extend.

Status
Not open for further replies.