• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta reader for vampire novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aura12

Registered
Reaction score
hi!

i just finished my first novel and am editing it right now. i would love for someone to read it just to let me know how it is and what needs work, etc. before i send it to the publisher i have in mind.

it's about a woman, Felicia, who is being manipulated by her married lover, as well as dealing with a lot of other baggage, and a vampire, Verick, who becomes obsessed with her. he turns her into a vampire, wanting them to be together, but she sees vampirism as an opportunity for revenge against everyone who ever hurt her.

not quite done typing up the second draft, but it's about 70,000 words

message me if you are interested.
thanks!!

Last edited:

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Hi BL,
Although I love vampire novels and am always on the lookout for a good one, I have just a couple of questions.

First off, (and a lot of people are going to want to know this before making a commitment) how long is it?

Secondly, have you posted any excerpts in Share-Your-Work? The reason I ask is that smaller samples of work can give people an idea of your over all writing style, and would give people idea of how you respond to criticism as well.

I can't speak for other posters here, but although the idea sounds intriguing, it might help if you were 'better known' around here.

blue_aura12

Registered
Reaction score
sorry, didn't think about that

finished writing it but only have about 75% of the second draft typed... i'm gonna say it's roughly 35 chapters, but they're an average of 3 or 4 pages each...

i've only posted the first 2 chapters in share your work but will post more if anyone is interested and wants to read more

Keyaroscuro

Zombie Fanatic 2.0
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelekat.deviantart.com
Chapter numbers tell squat as do page numbers. Met people who typed in 10 point font and others who typed in 18 point font (don't ask, bad memories). Please list a word count for best description.

Status
Not open for further replies.