Any medicine-knowing person here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
Some trainee nurses stopped by my workplace the other day and offered everyone a free check-up and massage. A nice way to spend the coffee break to be sure, but I'm wondering what this...

Blood pressure 123/68
Pulse 67
Oxygen saturation 100%
Blood sugar 4.9

... all means. They told me it was very good and those are almost the exact same numbers I got five years ago, but... I dunno. I'm just curious.

I'm a 30 year old male, if that makes a difference.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An internet forum really isn't the place to ask about medical results. Perhaps a call to your regular doctor is best.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
What regdog said.

Also, you can google it all and read up on what normal levels are.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a paramedic.

Blood pressure means how much force the blood exerts on the walls of the blood vessels and should be in between 100 - 140 systolic (the first number), pulse is how often your heart beats in a minute and should be between 60 and 80 when resting, O2 saturation measures how well your hemoglobin is saturated with oxygen and is in the high nineties for healthy people. Blood glucose refers to the amount of glucose in your blood and should be roughly between 4 and 6 mmol/l (fasting; I've come across slightly different ranges over the years, but 4.9 is fine.)

So everything is where it's supposed to be and your vitals are great.

ETA: But yeah, your doctor should really be the person to ask about this. Medical test results aren't always good.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Like the folks said, a writing forum is not the place to be asking health related questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.