• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Reader for Beauty and the Beast Retelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
So like the title of this thread says, I need a beta reader for my BATB retelling. It's set in the 1830s, New Orleans with Beauty as a fierce abolitionist and the Beast as a young slave-owner who has been hexed by a Voodoo Priestess.

The MS sits at 81,000 and I need someone who can help me with plot, pacing, grammar, and all that jazz. It has been edited numerous times before, so it's not a first draft.

Please send me a private message over AW if you're interested.

(Also, depending on my schedule this summer, I may be able to swap manuscripts with you) :) Okay great, have a nice day.

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Belle! I remember reading- and critiquing- this beginning chapter of your story on SYW, and I did like it. While historical YA normally isn't my thing, I'd be willing to take a look at it, at least the first couple chapters. Go ahead and send me a PM if you're still interested, and we will work out details from there. I'm also looking for a beta, but more of a person to run ideas by and for motivation as I'm currently working on a manuscript.

Just let me know if you're still looking! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.