• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta/Buddy for YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
THANKS for all your interest; I have a beta that's working well for me. Marty

I'm looking for beta buddy to help me finish up my book. Or is this two different individuals altogether? I'll gladly do the same as an exchange.

It's a YA Fantasy. I have approx. 290 pages, 88,000 words. This is book one of a series.

There's romance, a little sci-fi, and fantasy all wrapped up in one package. There is some minor swearing, and relationship development (nothing graphic). The characters are ages 8-18 with the majority of the plot revolving around the 17 to 18 year old teens.
Title so far: Rise of the Dragons: Metamorphosis.
The book is in first person POV and each chapter moves the plot along from their point of view.

Here's my blurb:

What if Earth was dying and people were sent into space to find a new home? What if nearly everyone on the ship and all the adults died before arrival?

Yesterday they were average teenagers looking forward to college and a normal life on Earth. Today they are some of Earth's last survivors, struggling to find their way together on a planet far from home. A world that harbors a secret long thought extinct; something mystical that yearns to be reborn.

Come with us, my friends, and we'll tell you our tales. Join us for a time and share our lives as we explore our new world. A world of dragons rising.

Ultimately I would like someone to bounce ideas off, tell me if my characters are true to themselves and those around them, give me good constructive criticism, and make sure I stay in the correct tense as I tend to wander more than I should.

Please PM me if you're interested. I'll be glad to offer my services in exchange, and send a chapter as an example of my writing, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.