PDA

View Full Version : Whose Line returns.

Shadow Dragon
03-02-2013, 09:24 AM
The CW confirmed the shows return with a press release this afternoon, saying that new episodes of Whose Line will air on the network this summer. A premiere date will be announced at a later time.

The new incarnation will be hosted by The Talk host Aisha Tyler, a comedian who also stars on FXs Archer. Master improvisers Mochrie, Ryan Stiles, and Wayne Brady all cast members of the original show will appear in each episode, along with one special guest comedian.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/01/whose-line-is-it-anyway-returns/

Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes! This is such great news.

Steve Coate
03-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Sweet! I'm currently rewatching the original series with host Clive Anderson. I'd forgotten what a jerk he could be to the contestants at times.

Toothpaste
03-03-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't think he was actually a jerk, it was that acerbic British wit. Besides they were all friends on that show, so it was likely friendly ribbing. I WAY preferred him to Drew Carrey who just wasn't as good at improvising nor making it not about him.

To me the British one will always be classic, then again Mochrie and Stiles were regulars of that show. And I think Wayne Brady was too towards the end. So I am very happy to see them on any side of the pond.

Huzzah!

bettielee
03-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Love. Love. Love Whose Line! :) Some of my favorite folks of all time.... that show was genius.

So glad the same guys are coming back.

Shadow Dragon
03-03-2013, 03:33 AM
I don't think he was actually a jerk, it was that acerbic British wit. Besides they were all friends on that show, so it was likely friendly ribbing. I WAY preferred him to Drew Carrey who just wasn't as good at improvising nor making it not about him.

To me the British one will always be classic, then again Mochrie and Stiles were regulars of that show. And I think Wayne Brady was too towards the end. So I am very happy to see them on any side of the pond.

Huzzah!
Personally, I preferred the American version. It's one of the few shows I can say that. But either way, if you let Colin, Ryan, and Wayne do what they do best, it isn't going to matter who the host is. It'll still be great.

Wind Ann Wise
03-04-2013, 05:26 AM
I found this out a few days ago and I was SO EXCITED! I love Whose Line. But I'm not sure what to think of the new host. Guess I'll have to watch it and see. So glad they're bringing Colin, Ryan, and Wayne back! They are awesome at what they do!

g2taylor
03-04-2013, 05:31 AM
This summer I had the opportunity to not only watch live improv...but participate. It is much harder than it appears and sometimes...it really sucks. :-}
www.g2taylor.com

Shadow_Ferret
03-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Great. I enjoyed that show and I'm glad they didn't bring back Drew Carey. He was awful. He was an embarrassment compared to the original BBC show. I have no idea who Aisha is, but she's got to be an improvement over that unfunny Carey.

JulianneQJohnson
03-06-2013, 09:00 PM
I never minded Drew Carey. Yes, he was awful, but it was in a sort of charming and bumbling way.
Love this show and the regs. Can't wait to see new episodes.

Stiger05
03-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Great. I enjoyed that show and I'm glad they didn't bring back Drew Carey. He was awful. He was an embarrassment compared to the original BBC show. I have no idea who Aisha is, but she's got to be an improvement over that unfunny Carey.

She used to have a show on E, maybe Talk Soup before Joel McHale took it over? She played Charlie on Friends in the later seasons (love interest of Joey and then Ross). Now she's on some talk show like the View. The Talk maybe? She's pretty funny, though, so it will be interesting.

I didn't mind Drew so much, but then again he wasn't the one I really paid attention to. So excited to see how the new ones go!

Shadow_Ferret
03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
I guess I missed the charm part. :D If he wasn't the producer they'd have fired him.

Maryn
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
I saw Stiles and Chip Whatsisname and Greg Proups doing the same schtik live last year. It was fun, even though you could tell parts of it were 'canned' and they created opportunities to use the material they'd already prepared.

To my surprise, Chip was the funniest.

Maryn, aware they all looked older, too (luckily, that never happened to her)

thehundreds
03-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Ahh man, I want Drew back! Too busy with the Price is Right, I suppose. . . Hopefully Mochrie and Styles still have it. They were always the funniest.

HeavilyMedicated
03-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Yes! And I like the addition of Aisha Tyler.

DragonHeart
04-23-2013, 12:51 AM
I hope they bring back some of their guest stars, too. Love Jeff Davis. :D

Saw Colin and Brad's show a couple years back, it was hilarious. Especially since there was a malfunction with the lighting in the venue and it became a running gag, haha. Sadly they haven't been back up far enough north for me to go see them again.

I actually liked Carey as the host, but some of the stuff on the bloopers reels for the show were cringe-worthy, to say the least. But I'm happy to see it come back no matter who the host is.

seun
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
They need to bring Tony Slattery and Josie Lawrence back.

BenPanced
04-24-2013, 05:04 AM
They need to bring Tony Slattery and Josie Lawrence back.
This10.

NSFW WARNING (some blood, nudity, naughty language, and a couple dead hookers): Some of Aisha Tyler's best work as Lana Kane on Archer. (http://youtu.be/3Gu0cDJ3LIo)

Shadow Dragon
05-15-2013, 03:40 AM
A teaser for the new series that CW put up:
http://youtu.be/K2BNMuKaums

seaaircarol
07-28-2013, 04:33 AM
What do you guys think? I'm loving the new season. Sooo funny. It's great to have it back.

Alessandra Kelley
07-28-2013, 04:44 AM
Ooh, I'm going to have to look it up!

I never saw the American version (Why? Whyyyyyyy?), but I adored the original version with Clive Anderson.

I loved all the regulars. I thought Mike McShane was brilliant, and it was always disappointing to see the flimsy movie rles he got given how extraordinarily funny and creative he was. Sandy Tocsvig was great, and Colin Mochrey and Ryan Stiles. I will never forget the time Steven Fry guested ("Well, really you're just a middle-class German family, aren't you?" in the plummiest of upper-crust accents -- World's Worst thing to Say When Introduced to the Queen).

Good times. Glad it's back.

Steve Coate
07-28-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm still waiting for a Hoedown.

seaaircarol
07-28-2013, 05:38 PM
I forgot about Hoedowns! Yes.

I also liked Greatest Hits. I hope they do that soon.

K. Taylor
07-30-2013, 02:44 AM
The CW has renewed the revived Whose Line Is It Anyway? (http://tvline.com/tag/whose-line-is-it-anyway) for a 24-episode Season 2.

Its clear that viewers are as excited to have Whose Line back on the air as we are, CW President Mark Pedowitz said Monday in a statement. We have wanted to bring comedy back to The CW for a long time, and Aisha [Tyler], Wayne [Brady], Colin [Mochrie] and Ryan [Stiles] have brought funny to the network in a big way. Were very excited to have them back for another season.

A premiere date will be announced at a later date.

cryaegm
07-31-2013, 10:05 PM
Wayne Brady pretends he's a Grand Theft Auto character (http://kotaku.com/watch-wayne-brady-pretend-he-s-in-grand-theft-auto-977342330) for last night's episode.

Alpha Echo
07-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Oh, man! I do love this show. I never watched it regularly, but once in awhile I'd catch it while flipping through, and it's hilarious. I'll have to check online to see if the CW has posted this new season's episodes. I <3 Wayne Brady and Ryan Stiles. OMG, those guys are so good at this stuff. I am seriously in awe of their improv.

Steve Coate
08-02-2013, 05:17 AM
I think I'd like it better if they ditched the special guests and did more bits. I know it's like free advertising for other shows on the networks, but I'd rather see more comedy and less walk-ons from "Real Housewives of [insert city here]". Also, the sideways room is starting to get old(maybe that's because one of the film styles picked is always "The Exorcist").