PDA

View Full Version : Why are there seeds in my yogurt? (And other strange surprises found in food.)

Plot Device
03-01-2013, 11:45 PM
I bough a Chobani yogurt today!! :banana:

It's called "passion fruit." :LilLove:

It's VERY yummy!! :Clap:

But ..................... it has SEEDS in it. :eek:

What's up with that?? :Wha:

http://chobani.com/products/low-fat-passion-fruit/

Passion Fruit

We’ve got a passion for Passion Fruit, and soon you will too!
Bursting with tropical flavor and real seeds, this rich, creamy
low-fat decadence is sure to wow your taste buds.

Anyone else find a secret toy surprise in threir food of late??

Chris P
03-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Passion fruits are all the yummy. The seeds pop nicely.

Stones in my beans, like today? Not so all the yummy. Stones don't pop nicely.

mccardey
03-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Have you not eaten passionfruit before? They're almost entirely seed. Aussies love them, but they can be a bit of a shock for visitors.

Plot Device
03-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Have you not eaten passionfruit before? They're almost entirely seed. Aussies love them, but they can be a bit of a shock for visitors.

Am I supposed to ... eat the seeds?? :Huh:

mccardey
03-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Just crunch them up. They don't taste of anything - it's just that the stuff around them is so delicious. I remember meeting an American once who had tried to eat around them. It's - not possible. Sorry.

Chris P
03-02-2013, 12:15 AM
A lot of people here smush the pulp and seeds in a strainer and mix the juice with sugar and orange juice. They throw the seeds out, but it doesn't hurt to eat them.

Better watch out or we'll get moved the the Now We're Cookin' forum.

Kerosene
03-02-2013, 12:15 AM
The pomegranate one does too.

I like Chobani's yogurt, but their syrups suck.

What I like better is Dannon's Oikos greek yogurt. Better texture and syrups.

mccardey
03-02-2013, 12:19 AM
A lot of people here smush the pulp and seeds in a strainer and mix the juice with sugar and orange juice. They throw the seeds out, but it doesn't hurt to eat them.

Better watch out or we'll get moved the the Now We're Cookin' forum.

Oh dear. Very fancy. Here, pull them off the vine, bite into the skin and suck. And then we chuck the skins under the vine and call them compost.

Chris P
03-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Oh dear. Very fancy. Here, pull them off the vine, bite into the skin and suck. And then we chuck the skins under the vine and call them compost.

My vines aren't growing well :( I'm afraid they won't bear before I leave.

ElaineA
03-02-2013, 04:34 AM
My vines aren't growing well :( I'm afraid they won't bear before I leave.

Watch out Chris, they're going to move you to the Now We're Gardening thread next. Is there a Now We're Gardening thread? 'Cuz my camilia didn't bloom at all--therefore, no seeds--and I'm very upset about it. :p

I keep finding bones in my cod filets. Someone needs to go back to butcher school. Not a strange surprise, just an annoying one.

Cliff Face
03-02-2013, 05:06 AM
The most surprising thing I've found in food lately was an extra muesli bar...

I got 7 in a box of 6! Woo!

Other than that... fish in a restaurant that still has the scales on. Blech.

Silver King
03-02-2013, 05:15 AM
...Is there a Now We're Gardening thread? 'Cuz my camilia didn't bloom at all--therefore, no seeds--and I'm very upset about it...
There's one called Gardeners of AW, Unite located here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132271) that might be of interest.

GingerGunlock
03-02-2013, 07:40 AM
The most surprising thing I've found in food lately was an extra muesli bar...

I got 7 in a box of 6! Woo!

Other than that... fish in a restaurant that still has the scales on. Blech.

Sometimes I get 13 or 14 (!) pierogies in the box of 12. That's always rad.

lastlittlebird
03-02-2013, 08:29 AM
I recently realized there was halal gelatin (since they didn't specify vegetarian, I'm going to guess beef?) in my yoghurt.
I was reading an article about addictive junk food and feeling rather smug about my all-natural snack when it occurred to me to check the ingredients list...

Liralen
03-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Sometimes I find Tallulah, the Bottomless Pit, in my food . . .

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m110/Renee750il/Tallulah/3029689d-4ad3-4dfb-b5d7-1e65ba6c268b_zpsaf58d9e6.jpg

Chris P
03-02-2013, 10:15 AM
There's one called Gardeners of AW, Unite located here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132271) that might be of interest.

Is that in the same forum as Bad Spellers of AW, Untie! thread?