Hello from Pakistan

Dynastic

Megalomaniac with a typewriter
Registered
Reaction score
I see that my compatriots don't really have a thread, so as my first posting, let me do this most patriotic thing: Create the Pakistani thread.

Though now, onto myself, I joined this community, I believe in 2010 though I must have forgotten about it since I'm logging in for the first time today. I am from Pakistan, from the city of Karachi to be exact, and while my mother tongue is Urdu, I count English as my first language, since I'm more comfortable speaking in it. So, that's that.

Sunwords

Registered
Reaction score
And nobody to answer? Shame.
I thought I once saw another thread, for urdu writers, but maybe that was not here.
Since I spent six months in Punjab, I miss it. Not too many writers from Pakistan to meet online. Also the pakistani forum on the NaNo-board was quite empty this year.

little_e

Trust: that most precious coin.
Registered
Reaction score
Salam! Welcome! Nice to meet you. :)

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Welcome! Glad you "re-joined" AW. My mother is from Karachi. She left during partition.

noorilhuda

Registered
Reaction score
Salaam/ Hello

A very old thread, but thought I'd say hello nonetheless.

Dipa Suresh

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and Namsate Dynastic! I am from India and my mother tongue is Tamil, although, in much the same way as you, I speak English as my first language. Well, that's because both my parents speak different languages, while my husband speaks another. Being an Army brat, I learnt several different languages while travelling through India, and finally though, I zeroed in on English as I am most comfortable with it!