• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas wanted for fast-paced YA action/adventure UPDATE: Still searching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiebrown

Simplify.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! As the title states, I'm looking for a beta for my YA apocalyptic action/adventure. It's 60k words, but a quick read. I'm looking for any type of feedback, whether you're the type of beta to do a line-by-line or give a quick reader's impression. I don't need to have my hand held, but I don't want to be flayed alive either.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach. Must love cats.*

Please send me a PM if you're interested! Thanks!

UPDATE: Went through some revisions, and I'm looking for another batch of betas if anyone would care to give it a go :D

[SUB]*not really, although this is a plus[/SUB]

Here's the query I'm workin' with:

Seventeen-year-old Cora Jane Delaney and her little brother, Coby, didn’t leave home for nine months after the virus hit. Not after the power cut out; not even after the sirens shrieking in the distance faded and died and the world outside their backyard's fence fell silent.

They didn’t see the bodies piling up in the cobblestone streets of Savannah, or the gunfights that erupted over a gallon of gasoline. They didn’t know about the government’s ultimatum to survivors: become guinea pigs for dangerous medical experiments in the name of finding a cure, or get shot.

Until the government kidnaps Coby.

Cora will do anything to get him back: bargain her stockpile of food, bust some heads, or blow them clean off. But if she wants to save Coby she’ll have to go in after him, and if she wants to get them both out alive, she'll need help.

Brooks, a shady -- and drop-dead sexy -- army deserter, knows all about the government shelter that Cora will have to infiltrate. Except he says it’s a suicide mission. He doesn’t get it. Coby is the one person in the world she would die for. Kill for.

But the government has something to kill for, too -- a secret Cora carries in her blood.

Last edited:

frankiebrown

Simplify.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just an update to say I've gone through yet another round of revisions and I'd love to get some feedback from a couple of good betas. Any type of feedback, really, even if it's just a few sentences. The read should be quick.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.