PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Writing Buddy! (Fantasy YA)

icysapphires
02-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone! :D My name is Lydia, I'm 22, and I'm looking for a writing buddy whom I can motivate and who motivates me. (I have been procrastinating on my novel and decided that just won't do. I need deadlines!)

Ideally we will exchange completed work for critiques and ideas, or bounce ideas back and forth to hone the story. I am working on a fantasy YA novel (something about an alternate realm, politics, finding oneself) so I would like someone familiar with the fantasy genre.

Here's a list of my favourite books and authors, and if you love any of those books, I would love to hear from you!

- Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Dune, Ender's Game, Garden Spells, Graceling, Unwind, Ender's Game, The Codex, Thunderhead, Sherlock Holmes and works of Nora Robert and Lemony Snicket etc. I also read the occasional chick lit.

- I don't read religious or spiritual books, and I don't particularly enjoy modern literary fiction (even if I am an English Lit major.)

Random facts:
- I'm very easy-going
- I love animals. (Especially dogs) :)
- I'm friendly
- I have a healthy sense of humor (I love to laugh)
- I'm a child at heart
- I currently live in Singapore but plan to move to the USA in a few months to be with my boyfriend
- I have written a few short stories and a novel, none of which have been published.

I can be very honest and I would appreciate for my writing buddy to be the same. If you are interested, feel free to PM me or post a reply, and we could exchange short stories or chapters to see if we are a match. :) I look forward to hearing from you!

Whitefireelemental
03-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I'd love to help. I really love young adult fiction but I can write adult fiction too.