PDA

View Full Version : (Beta reader acquired) Beta for 80k Romantic Fantasy (Angels/Demons)

S. L. Saboviec
02-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Please note: I'm no longer looking for a beta reader.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for a beta reader for my 80k word Romantic Fantasy. I'm looking for someone who can give me feedback on characterization, pacing, and plot, especially around the romantic elements. I'm comfortable with my grammar and don't need a LBL, although specific "This stood out as awkward and/or compelling" comments are welcomed.

About the beta process:
Please PM me. I will send you the first three chapters of my book for you to review. From there, we can decide if we want to proceed. If we do, then I will send you 1-3 chapters at a time (depending on their length and what makes sense as a breaking-off point). I'd like the full review to be done within a month. I'm willing to return the favor for a similar length book either now or in the future within the same time frame (assuming nothing unforeseen happens in my life).

About my story:
My story is about Enael, a Guardian angel who is dealing with a difficult past, as she moves through three assignments in the 1700's. She falls in love with another Guardian, Voctic, while she struggles with helping humans that don't want her help. Voctic has problems of his own, including a demon who enjoys interfering with the people that Enael and Voctic are trying to protect.

You can read the first chapter of my book (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264564). I've revised it since posting and want to go through it once more before I re-post it, but it gives you a flavor for my writing.

Warnings for the book: Rape scene; several deaths, including a murder and a suicide; occult/demon worship; some sexings here and there (but this is not an erotic romance).