Google ads?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Who is running a google adsesne program?

I am trialling low impact ads on 8-10 pages and have made about $8 in 3 months. This is enough that I think I will keep adding similar adds to new pages--so long as I am not annoying anyone it is free money even if it is only pocket change.

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
I am. :) It pays well if you've got the right site and the time to put into it. They won't pay you until you make $100 but that's surprisingly easy to do if you devote the time to it. Pays better than freelancing, from what I've seen, over the long term.

Leva

veinglory said:
Who is running a google adsesne program?

I am trialling low impact ads on 8-10 pages and have made about $8 in 3 months. This is enough that I think I will keep adding similar adds to new pages--so long as I am not annoying anyone it is free money even if it is only pocket change.

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
(glances at stats)

I've made $0.68. Although I mostly have them there to see what Google pops up in response to posts.

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
Make a site that attracts visitors. Best way to do this is simply to put a lot of useful or interesting content on the site that will attract people. My next project, for example, may be a hiking website in conjunction with my dad -- we've both hiked all over Arizona & have a collection of professional quality photographs between us. So personal experience hiking the state + pretty pictures -- I think it will work.

The more visitors you attract, the more you make, because ad clicks = money. (Um, not a lot of money per click, but it varies widely, from several dollars per click, to a few pennies. $.10/click seems about average. It depends on what advertisers are willing to pay for your keywords, and a huge number of other factors.)

There's a fairly decent website, www.webmasterworld.com, that's been useful for me for this.

There are people out there making four figures a day. Most of them have been working at it for years. (Not me, alas, not yet.)

Leva

mtn_chick said:
Leva - what exactly do you have to do? I've never looked into it, but does it depend on the # of visitors? Or the amount of times they click on the ads?