• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for plain ole fiction (for grown ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiddyUpGo

WIP: Still choosing the right font
Registered
Reaction score
Website
travelbystove.blogspot.com
After the oh-so humbling experience of query letter hell I think I now need to be further humbled by a beta reader. :)

I've been looking at the available beta readers and it seems like most of you are interested in YA, YA fantasy or fantasy or some incarnation thereof. Fantasy is actually my primary genre but this particular MS is just plain old fiction.

It's 89,000 words and is a multiple POV story about a baby snatcher. I can do a little beta reading in return, though I do have four kids and a lot of projects in the works so it would be in bits and pieces.

I'm still growing my thick skin so my preference would be for someone who is honest but who can also be encouraging. I want to know what's wrong with my work but I don't need you to be mean. :) I've had a critiquer like that before and the only thing it did for me was convince me to put my work on a shelf and never look at it again, which isn't the sort of help I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.