Cover designer beta (an odd request)

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)

This might sound weird, but I need a cover designer beta. I've recently self-published my novel (check out my avatar), and I made that cover on my own. I am planning on self-publishing my next novel soon. I design my own covers and as of now, I cannot hire someone to design book covers for me (won't go into it). I also feel more comfortable designing them myself. I had a friend who was helping me, critiquing my work, telling me what to change what I need to improve, etc. But unfortunately, I am no longer speaking to that person. So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being my cover design beta. I think it's really annoying if I were to post revision after revision after revision here on the forum. I'd like to be in contact with this "beta", who would critique my designs and help me produce a decent cover to publish (I especially need help with typography because I am blind when it comes to that). The thing is that I can't pay this person :(. But I am willing to offer my services in other areas. Like in writing, if you need me to critique chapter by chapter as you write them, help with research, anything you need. And I'd put you in the acknowledgments for helping me with my book cover, if you'd want me to (and I'd send you a free copy of the book :D).

I’m not the kind of person who will get defensive if you’re harsh. I honestly will listen to you and apply your suggestions to my designs. I will buy the stock photos and will not ask you to come up with the design. Just to open my eyes to how I can improve it.

This probably sounds nuts, but if anyone is interested, please PM me and we can discuss it.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
What are your concerns with posting your cover for critique on the forum?

I don't have a problem with posting my covers here for critiques. My concern is that I might post revision after revision after revision and that will annoy people. But if you're all okay with that, sure :D. I thought it'd be more convenient to annoy just one person :)

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I don't have a problem with posting my covers here for critiques. My concern is that I might post revision after revision after revision and that will annoy people. But if you're all okay with that, sure :D. I thought it'd be more convenient to annoy just one person :)

Might as well give it a shot. That's what the forum is for, after all. :)

LoopyLinde

Registered
Reaction score
Please do post your cover and the changes as you make them. Creative evolution is fascinating to watch and I would love to see what you come up with.