• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for someone to share work with

Status
Not open for further replies.

suestrong315

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Writers!

I'm looking for a beta/critter (I kinda forget the difference between them) to give my 78k word YA fantasy a go-over. I'll be more than happy to swap work, and I like being fast-paced, like swapping once or twice a week.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you my email and we can hammer out the details.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
suestrong315, just to clarify, a beta reader is the final-version reader who gives you feedback on a manuscript you believe to be polished and ready for submission. A critique person reads earlier drafts and makes corrections, asks questions, and makes comments, all of which may improve the story and the writing both.

Best of luck finding whichever it is you need.

You might entice just the right person with a logline, a one-sentence summary of what your YA fantasy is about. Think the descriptions of movies in the TV listings.

Maryn, hoping to help

suestrong315

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Maryn.

I am looking for a critter since I have a grammar issue and a lot of questions about my ms have been brought up throughout the forums.

My ms is kinda like Lost meets a comicon...(I've never watched Lost, but some people have said it kinda sounds like it)

Anyone interested, I'm looking to share at least a chapter a week and of course receive at least a chapter a week. I'm looking to take on more than one critter, so if I've talked it over with anyone previously, this isn't a post to subtly say I'm not interested. The largest load I've done before was 3 different ms' so I can handle a few different pieces at one time.

Anyone interested, PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.