Disconcerting Moments....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We've all had 'em; those moments when something happens to knock us just a little off-kilter, something that impinges upon our daily routine in a less-than-pleasant manner.

Today I went to the bathroom. Well, I go to the bathroom every day, which is kind of the point. Not the bathroom going, but the regularity, I mean. I don't mean regularity in that way, like you get from Metamucil, I just mean the going regularly. To the bathroom itself, not what I do once in there, specifically. I mean the actual act of getting up and going into that room....

I'll start again.

So today I went into the bathroom like I do every day and I see this guy come out of the stall. He's a fellow I recently shook hands with. Then he leaves. He came out of the stall ... and left.

No hand washing.
emoticonsscared.gif

Needless to say, my hands are currently pink from scrubbing, not to mention anything I could remember touching between the handshake and the bathroom incident.

Anything throw you off your game recently?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
ChunkyC said:
So today I went into the bathroom like I do every day and I see this guy come out of the stall. He's a fellow I recently shook hands with. Then he leaves. He came out of the stall ... and left...Anything throw you off your game recently?
Yes: the fact that you aparently have strange men using your bathroom AND you have a bathroom stall in your house.

Rob :)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chunky,

*yikes*. There's a Far Side comic from eons ago, where a guy walks out of a restaurant men's room. As he does, a big electric sign flashes over the doorway: "DIDN'T WASH HANDS". Ah, if only.

Something I encountered on business trips in Asia: men, at the trough or in stalls, receiving (and making) calls from their cellphones. Don't reach out and touch me, thank you very much.

What a world, eh?

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
In China, people smoke while they poop. And I'm not talkin' stall-poopin'... I'm talkin' in-a-hole-in-the-ground-so-their-***-is-RIGHT-there-when-you-walk-around-a-bend-that-serves-as-the-door squat-poopin'.

It's just wrong, I tells ya. Wrong.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
poetinahat said:
Something I encountered on business trips in Asia: men, at the trough or in stalls, receiving (and making) calls from their cellphones. Don't reach out and touch me, thank you very much.

What a world, eh?
Don't get me started on this again...the morons are doin' it here, too! I mean I'm takin' a whiz in Starbucks (after which, I thoroughly wash both hands, my face, arms, and elbows) and I can hear the tool in the stall yappin' on his cell phone. And more often than not, I hear "other" noises as well. Maybe it's just Miami and Asia...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
robeiae said:
Don't get me started on this again...the morons are doin' it here, too! I mean I'm takin' a whiz in Starbucks (after which, I thoroughly wash both hands, my face, arms, and elbows) and I can hear the tool in the stall yappin' on his cell phone. And more often than not, I hear "other" noises as well. Maybe it's just Miami and Asia...

That happens here, too. I think it's hilarious to hear these guys yaking on their phones while hearing "plootoop...plootoop.. phpppttt" in the background.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Something that happens to me too often (it seems), is when married couples argue in front/near me in public. It's like getting a peek into their private life, and one that I really don't want. I despise reality shows anyway, so this kind of dirt is wasted on me.

The other day I was tooling down the aisle in the grocery store, and in three consecutive rows I crossed paths with a husband and wife duo, that had to be about my age. Anyway, initially they were whispering vehemently, then it grew to normal volume bickering, and, by the time I hit the third aisle they were close to yelling. I skipped the remaining aisles, snatched the bread and milk and headed for the closest register. Who pulled in behind me? You got it. As I was doing my ATM card business and trying to hear the cashier girl, some inhuman force caused me to look at the couple three or four times, finally earning me a "mind your own business!" from the wife, which I ignored.

God help me for saying this, but I gladly went home to be alone.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I work in retail, and about once every forty-five minutes I get the urge to write to my Congressman and demand that cell phones be banned from public places.

Specifically those obnoxious Nextell walkie talkie things (apologies to any Nextell owners to might see this, but yeesh!). I just don't get it. I don't need to hear how Auntie Josephine got sloshed at Thanksgiving and sat down on a plate of biscuits that Cousin Lenny put down and forgot to pick up. Or about how your scummy boyfriend Dick was cheating on you with his secretary, Kitty. That is what the privacy of your home is for. But with Nextell you not only get the Customer's side, you get the BZZZT sound effect, plus the scratchy, so-loud-it-doesn't-sound-like-English other side of the story.

:Headbang:

Also, if you expect me to be courteous and polite at the register when you are ready to pay, please return the favor. Tell them you'll call them back and give me your complete attention. If it was really THAT important, you wouldn't be having the conversation and shopping for candles.

Steps down off the :Soapbox: .

Although nothing throws me off my game quite like the 3-year old no one is watching as s/he heads straight for the tall, stacked display of wine glasses......:cry:

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
ChunkyC said:
So today I went into the bathroom like I do every day and I see this guy come out of the stall. He's a fellow I recently shook hands with. Then he leaves. He came out of the stall ... and left.

A number of year's ago, one of my co-workers told pretty much the same story - except, in that case, the non-hand-washer was the top executive at our site.

Basilides

Registered
Reaction score
Folks who choose not to wash their hands after they use the restroom are doing their part to counter the negative effects of antibacterial soap, a fellow worker once told me.

I haven't shaken his hand since.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of years ago my hubby and I were at Old Country Buffet eating dinner. For anyone not familiar, it's a restaurant that is basically a huge buffet, as the name suggests. Anyway, I'm halfway through my meal, just idly people-watching, and I see this child, probably 10 or 11, no parents around, filling a bowl with chocolate pudding from the dessert buffet. He fills the bowl, licks the big spoon and sticks it back in the pudding. Needless to say, my meal was over and we never returned to that restaurant. In fact, I generally try to avoid buffets altogether now. Just gives me a creepy feeling. YUCK!!!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
trumancoyote said:
In China, people smoke while they poop. And I'm not talkin' stall-poopin'... I'm talkin' in-a-hole-in-the-ground-so-their-***-is-RIGHT-there-when-you-walk-around-a-bend-that-serves-as-the-door squat-poopin'.

It's just wrong, I tells ya. Wrong.
I think Zach's deserves a triple
emoticonsscared.gif
emoticonsscared.gif
emoticonsscared.gif

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Now imagine little Ray, up until he was about 8, doing the same thing (without the smoking part, of course). :cringe: When my family moved and I saw that we actually had a toilet, instead of a hole in the ground, I was overjoyed. I cried. I felt that we finally made it; we were not in the poorhouse anymore.

When I went back to China a few years ago and saw the squat-and-poop bathrooms, I wanted to puke. They bought back so many awful memories. I'm also surprised that they still have these holes-in-the-ground places in cosmopolitan cities like Singapore. I mean, c'mon, you're an international city and can't you afford a few toilets in your bathrooms?

You know what is even more disgusting? So you are forced to do your bidness there, then you reach for the toilet paper and find none. You look around. Nothing. Then you see a tub of turbid water in the corner, and you realize what it's for... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

LieselGarmach

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad my oatmeal doesn't have raisins in it this morning.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
This sort of reminds me of an old joke which I will proceed to tell and probably get wrong since it was so long ago that I heard it.

Two men are using a public urinal. After they finish, the one man goes to wash his hands and the second man proceeds to leave without washing his hands.

The first man says, "My mom taught me to wash my hands after I go to the bathroom."

To which the second man replies, "My mom taught me not to piss on my hands."

Status
Not open for further replies.