KID-LIT Book covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am planning on doing a blog post about really great kid-lit book covers by self published authors, and I was wondering if you guys could recommend some. Ideally it would be books geared for kids in the 8-18 age range.

I have no agenda about self pub vs. trad. pub. I'm just wanting to post featuring about 10 really great self published kid-lit book covers. Please feel free to check out my blog so you can see the kind of site I'm running. I will not be bashing anyone. I just love great book-covers.

That said, finding SP kid lit has been a challenge, no doubt b/c kid-lit is probably one of the smaller markets for self publishing, especially the lower 8-12 year old market (but I'll take anything up to that geared for 16-18 year olds).

If you're aware of a SP author with really great kid-lit book covers, do you think you could post a link here, or if it's a better idea (mods?), you could rep me a link.

Cheers

ps-
quick note to mods, I did post a similar query in the kid-lit thread. I'm posting here too just because I thought the question suited two threads where the audience wouldn't necessarily overlap. If you don't agree, no worries we can delete one if you like.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Thanks, Merrihatt - I have a couple - I might have to open up the net a bit wider and grab a few books for older readers. we'll see. . . I'd like to keep it MG/lower YA if possible, I'll reassess in a week if I'm still where I am now.

NottiThistledore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chatswoodspooks.com
I popped a reply up over in the other thread, but I thought of another one for you: The Death of Death by Kiyoshi Parker. I'm not a huge fan of the font, but it's quite a striking cover.

jairey

Registered
Reaction score
This is a friend's revised cover. The book is for 8 -- 12 year olds.

HERE

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all the suggestions - and keep 'em coming if you have 'em. I've got about half as many as I'd like so far. I'm really picky b/c I really love book covers and I want the ones I showcase to be the kind you'd swear were designed by top presses.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Just wanted to update, I appreciate all the suggestions I got from everyone. I have posted the covers on my blog and if you're a self published kid-lit author wondering about cover art, check out the post. I'm a huge cover art snob, and I think these self published guys got it right!

link in my sig

Last edited:

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
Just wanted to update, I appreciate all the suggestions I got from everyone. I have posted the covers on my blog and if you're a self published kid-lit author wondering about cover art, check out the post. I'm a huge cover art snob, and I think these self published guys got it right!

link in my sig

Hey, some of those covers are great-looking. Do you think the authors/artists would mind if you posted the cover artists who did them? I'd love to know!

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hey, some of those covers are great-looking. Do you think the authors/artists would mind if you posted the cover artists who did them? I'd love to know!

You know, they were all incredibly nice when I spoke to them. I don't think they'd mind being contacted directly. I know that a couple of them actually did the covers themselves, but they had specific training in graphic art (it was their day job or something). I'll drop a note to a couple of them and see if they'd mind, but like I say, they all have blogs so you might want to drop a note too. I bet they wouldn't mind sharing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.