PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat for lunch today?

clara bow
02-02-2006, 01:53 AM
me: packaged macaroni and cheese with peas and extra shredded cheddar on top. A banana for dessert.

Tricksie-ish
02-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Some frozen Weight Watchers thing for variety's sake. It also helps me practice portion control.

And yes, I was hungry an hour later!

sassandgroove
02-02-2006, 02:02 AM
I had a bananana around 1030. I'm not feeling all that great,so I had a bowl of Hodgson Mill Crakced Wheat all natural hot cereal with butter and sugar... first time I ever had it....it was next to the cream of wheat at the store...I love cream of wheat...anyway. I also had an itty bitty hamburger patty. I made what looked like decent sized hamburgers, but after I cooked them they were tiny...on huge buns. I was going to eat it the other day but didn't...am I weird?

NeuroFizz
02-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Peanut butter on a toasted whole-wheat bagel.

William Haskins
02-02-2006, 02:19 AM
a pineal gland i acquired off the black market.

Shwebb
02-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Say, Haskins, I figured that was a leftover from your daughter's, er, date.

Shadow_Ferret
02-02-2006, 02:23 AM
I had a simple sandwich. :)

Bacon Turkey Bravo

Smoked turkey breast, smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, leaf lettuce, tomatoes and our signature dressing, on our Tomato Basil Bread.

Pat~
02-02-2006, 02:26 AM
cinnamon raisin bagel and yoghurt

NeuroFizz
02-02-2006, 02:27 AM
a pineal gland i acquired off the black market.
You'll probably grow a third eye, you know.

maestrowork
02-02-2006, 02:35 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/sternforum/camel_spider.jpg

Yeshanu
02-02-2006, 02:43 AM
A big fat sausage on a bun . . .

ChaosTitan
02-02-2006, 02:48 AM
:e2thud:

Maestro, I think that is the single most disgusting thing I've seen all year.

Made me forget what it was I had for...a yeah. Didn't eat lunch. :e2bummed:

StoryG27
02-02-2006, 02:51 AM
One, maybe two small children. It's hard to tell when they're all baked in the same pie.

ChunkyC
02-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Homemade elbow macaroni salad with chopped broccoli, raw carrot slices, cooked white rice, sliced hard boiled eggs, chunks of leftover barbequed chicken breast, topped with grated mozzarella cheese and a homemade canola oil based dressing.

And a glass of skim milk.

Arisa81
02-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Mm..you guys had some yummy stuff...well, except you Ray lol
I had a piece of 12 grain toast...tres boring.

PattiTheWicked
02-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Kittens.

ChunkyC
02-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Kittens.
Poached or over-easy?

*CC waits patiently for all awatkins's friends from the animals forum to come over and beat him senseless*

maestrowork
02-02-2006, 05:35 AM
My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and salt on cut-open kittens
doorbells and sleighbells and woodchucks half-eaten
brown paper packages full of dead rats...
these are a few of my favorite things

MacAllister
02-02-2006, 05:48 AM
Shrimp sauted in garlic and butter, with romaine lettuce and baby spinach, roma tomatoes, avocado, red onion and crumbled gorganzola cheese with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing, with a bottle of Red Stripe Jamaican lager.

robeiae
02-02-2006, 06:04 AM
An iced chai tea latte. Grande.

writerterri
02-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Ray, they just ate those on FearFactor the other night. I thought I was going to puke!

I had a home made, left over soft taco with extra lettuce.

Storygirl- I'm soaking my son's brain as we speak and if he doesn't use it within the next five minutes I'll turn on the heat.

Dawno
02-02-2006, 06:11 AM
chicken caesar wrap and a nice cucumber, tomato, red onion, olive and feta cheese salad

::urp:: pardon me...

Shwebb
02-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Homemade burgers (courtesy of my husband and Alton Brown's recipe), seasoned french fries, and an apple.

Everything tastes better when seasoned and served w/ love! (I wasn't feeling well today, and husband took the day off to take care of me.)

clara bow
02-02-2006, 06:24 AM
Homemade burgers (courtesy of my husband and Alton Brown's recipe), seasoned french fries, and an apple.

Everything tastes better when seasoned and served w/ love! (I wasn't feeling well today, and husband took the day off to take care of me.)

aww...kudos to hubby.

I made Alton Brown's recipe for sweet potato pie over the holidays...it was so frickin' good!

I love all these posts. Y'all are hilarious!

WVWriterGirl
02-02-2006, 10:23 AM
*sigh* I slept through lunch, and almost through dinner, too. Little one's staying with his Mamaw, so I had no responsiblity today. Thus...I slept through lunch.

mkcbunny
02-02-2006, 11:33 AM
A smoothie made with berries, soy milk, and fiber.

And before I get any snarky "earthy-crunchy" comments about how that's not a lunch, my dinner was a delicious medium-rare burger with bacon and blue cheese. I had a crappy day ... after having no sleep and a crappy week, so I needed a big burger meal.

The protein smoothie is for ... um ... digestion. [But maybe that's another thread.]

Carole
02-02-2006, 03:26 PM
I had a Rueben Sandwich from Schlotskey's

mkcbunny
02-03-2006, 10:16 AM
LOL. In a rare fluke of repetition, not only was today's lunch another smoothie, but tonight's dinner was, again, a burger! Fate landed us in the same restaurant, and the lure of the juciest burger in town was too much. Just to shake it up, I switched cheeses and got mashed 'taters in lieu of fries.

clara bow
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
LOL. In a rare fluke of repetition, not only was today's lunch another smoothie, but tonight's dinner was, again, a burger! Fate landed us in the same restaurant, and the lure of the juciest burger in town was too much. Just to shake it up, I switched cheeses and got mashed 'taters in lieu of fries.

heh heh. I had a repeat of sorts, too. I ate the rest of the mac and cheese, but I followed it with an apple and some prunes this time. :tongue

Lantern Jack
02-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Boogers!

Maryn
02-03-2006, 10:46 PM
This is so not fair!

I don't eat lunches with the mass and calories you all eat, not ever. How come you're not the one the doctor is scowling at, telling to exercise twice as much and eat half as much? (Which would have had me eating a half an apple and speed-walking ten miles that day.)

Maryn, grumbling (along with her stomach)

StoryG27
02-03-2006, 10:52 PM
This is so not fair!

I don't eat lunches with the mass and calories you all eat, not ever. How come you're not the one the doctor is scowling at, telling to exercise twice as much and eat half as much? (Which would have had me eating a half an apple and speed-walking ten miles that day.)

Maryn, grumbling (along with her stomach)
Maryn, I feel your pain. No doctor has said anything to me, but I'm fighting an uphill battle after stopping smoking. I did eat high cal food for lunch, but I ate a teeny-tiny portion. If it makes you feel better, I won't be eating anything else for the next 24 hours. Tonight and tomorrow morning, I'm sure I'll be an even bigger joy to be around.

My poor kids. They are the innocent victims of dieting and detox.

kathompson
02-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Schlotskey's
Oh.
I want to cry.
There is no Schlotzsky's out here and it's one of the few things I miss from Ohio.
I'm going to weep on my peanut butter sandwich this afternoon, and curse Schlotzsky's for not coming to Vacaville, CA...

mkcbunny
02-03-2006, 11:36 PM
I rarely do that cheesy burger thing. Most of the time, we're eating lean around these parts. But it's been an exhausting week, neither of us wanted to cook, and we were within yards of a fabulous burger and a well-stocked bar. I worked hard for those extra fats and calories. [Hubby had fish; he couldn't bring himself to ingest that much cholesterol in two days.]

The smoothie or salad is more like the daily routine. Especially at lunch.

Maryn
02-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Okay, that makes me feel a little better. I go through most days feeling pretty deprived!

Maryn, built like a battleship

tiny
02-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I ate the makings for sushi as I put the rolls together.

clara bow
02-04-2006, 01:44 AM
today I loaded a flour tortilla with an avocado/kidney bean/cilantro chunky salsa.

Arisa81
02-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Okay, I definitely had something more interesting for lunch than last time. I had left over beef stew (actually it's called calderetta, a filipino style beef stew) and rice. *drools*