Need a "fancy" car model

aixsponsa

This is not Kelly Kapoor Story Hour
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennygaines.wordpress.com
Hi everyone!

My current WIP is set in 1951, Savannah, GA. My antagonist is the owner of a popular nightclub. Could anyone help me determine what kind of car he might drive? It should be fairly nice but not too rare or expensive.

I tried to look up models of 1951 but I have zero car knowledge so I didn't know one from the other.

Thanks for any input! :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Given your setup, I might also suggest something like a big 1951 Chrysler. Maybe a convertible.

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
The nightclub would suggest some who was not from dullsville. The Caddy was, and still is, a corporate exec type car. The CHrysller was more of something for an insurance salesman. Hipsters would lean toward Buicks, Packards, and other cars with ig engines. If he was involved with Mafia types, then he might have had a Caddy. He he was not as wealthy as, then there were Chevy models that were almost as good as the Buicks, and there were some neat Pontiac models.

WHat kind of image do you want to create?

aixsponsa

This is not Kelly Kapoor Story Hour
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennygaines.wordpress.com
Oh, see I didn't know that about the Chrysler! The image: the character is a self-obsessed playboy who likes to party, but he is not affiliated with illegal activities. So he'd drive a nice car as a status symbol (a "look at me" car), but not like "New York nightclub owner" level.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Playboy...if he is really hip, he might have a British convertable car like the Triumph, MG, or Jaguar.

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
Thothgaurd gave the other possibility. He might have had a sports car, but I think that the Packard would be at the top of the list. If he had a British sports car, then MG would be most likely. If he was cheap, then he might have had a Mercury, which was pretty hot.