• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for friends too

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutkitty

Registered
Reaction score
I moved out of a city with a very vibrant writing community to a larger town that has absolutely nothing. It gave me lots of time to actually write, but I'm lonely. My chief love is fantasy, the more epic the better as long as none of the races look as though they've come out of an AD&D or Tolkien book. I'm big on character driven plot. I splash around in short fiction, writing science fiction with fantasy or horror elements.

GLBT characters are important for me. I love queer fiction that leaves the OMG, could I be gay? drama aside to give more room for being chased by vampire space marines. I've published erotica under a pen name but still want to poke toes in the smut pool between bigger projects.

I love talking about all aspects of writing. The more I read, write, and read about writing, the more I realized that what we all learn in writing 101 (show, don't tell, have the action take place on the screen, have your protagonist acting proactively) is all anyone really needs to know about writing. Every writer can quote them off by heart, but it takes a life time to learn how you can apply those rules to your writing. I have very strong feelings about writers groups, and not all of them are popular.

I love books. I grew up reading all speculative fiction all the time but have added mysteries and non-genre writing to my shelves. I've wanted to be a writer since I was 11 years old, and have been writing ever since.

PM me? We could exchange first chapters of WIPs and see if our writing styles are compatible for sharing and growing. I'm very big on things happening in the unpublished books I read for editing. I'd much rather see a writer over-reach with their characters than not even push. I've learned more about writing from reading other people's work than I ever could have learned just writing my own stuff.

Dominicus

Registered
Reaction score
I dont have anything WIP yet of what I want to share but it appears we have some simaler interests!

I like modern day fantasy, A setting with cars, electricity and Politics but with Magic and creatures that everyone knows about, or even maybe in secrecy depends on how its done.. I also like LGBT characters... I have this MC who's sexuality is still even up for grabs.... I don't even know what he is, but he has a male and a female both chasing after him..

Status
Not open for further replies.