• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

It's soooo lonely! (Writing Buds!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Ray, and I want to be a writer.

I've been 'writing' for years, but now it's time to put on my big boy pants, so I'm intent on finishing this damn book. More so now that there's another chewing its way through my skull.

As my topic title says, it gets pretty lonely. I follow people on twitter, but most of those I follow know each other so I see friends talking to friends about writing and books, but I'm not really in that clique, know what I means? So, I'd love people to talk to about, well, anything! Writing mostly, of course, and the headaches and highs that come along with it. Triumphs and disappointments. Music and snacks.

What do I write? I've no clue, really. Most of my life has been spent in Fantasy, WoT, Sanderson, Feist, Brooks, Weiss and Hickman. Then I traveled for a while with King and Koontz, with some odds and ends thrown in for kicks.

Right now I am writing what I think is a YA fantasy, maybe epic but maybe not. I'm rubbish at outlining, which pisses me off. The next book in my head, out of this series, is Urban Fantasy. I have a few more, but most seem like they are geared for YA, but I could be wrong. I could finish these off and realize they are Adult or New Adult, who knows!

PM me if you'd like to chat! Or if you'd like to hear my ramble more.

Rawr

GeekTells

Tick tock...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geektells.com
Been thinking about finding another writer to add to my own virtual writing circle. Let's exchange the first 1K words of our WIP and critique each other and see how it goes. :)

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll PM it to you right now. Be warned though, it's pretty raw. Being a 'discovery' writer, I tend to force myself not to go back and edit too much, lest I get caught up in changing things rather than finishing my book. I did read through what I'm sending you though, so it shouldn't be blatantly-burn-your-eyes bad. Hopefully.

But it still could be.

calling33

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, I'm on the hunt for writing buddies myself. I'm one of the only writers I know and it does get a little lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.