Commonwealth Writers Prizes

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
This applies to a huge chunk of you out there in the Commonwealth, so Aussies, Caribbean/West Indian & South American reps, Canadians, African, European, Oceanic and Asian nations of the Commonwealth--get in here! :D

Have any of you ever entered the Commonwealth Writers competitions (Book Prize, Short Story Prize)?

I'm interested in hearing about your experiences as an entrant, short-lister or even, winner.

They're closed right now, deciding the 2013 winners, but will re-open in the fall sometime I imagine (opened to entries last October, closed in December)--any hopefuls among us? :)

For those who haven't entered, would you? If not, why not?

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It looks interesting. I want to enter at least one short story competition this year, mainly as a challenge to myself. I'm also interested to see how I'll do.

I've bookmarked the page and will take another look later in the year.

Racey

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey this looks good, may have to enter the next one!! Thanks for posting Tienci :)

a.forr3st3r

Registered
Reaction score
somewhere over the rainbow... hopefully with a pot
This applies to a huge chunk of you out there in the Commonwealth, so Aussies, Caribbean/West Indian & South American reps, Canadians, African, European, Oceanic and Asian nations of the Commonwealth--get in here! :D

Have any of you ever entered the Commonwealth Writers competitions (Book Prize, Short Story Prize)?

I'm interested in hearing about your experiences as an entrant, short-lister or even, winner.

They're closed right now, deciding the 2013 winners, but will re-open in the fall sometime I imagine (opened to entries last October, closed in December)--any hopefuls among us? :)

For those who haven't entered, would you? If not, why not?

most informative, dis will definitely be nice to try sometime!!