PDA

View Full Version : The Best Ever and Worst Ever AW Threads That You Started?

Vito
02-11-2013, 02:03 AM
The best thread I ever started was the "If Your Life Were a Curious George Book, What Would Be the Title". I like that one! :Thumbs:

Worst ever was my "Who Was the Very First Person That You Saw Naked?" thread, mostly because it almost got me busted by the AW mod squad. :o

Silver King
02-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Oh yeah, I remember the second thread you mention. That was a weird one, even for you. ;)

I don't have a worst one that I can think of at the moment. The one I like best that is still active is the nature thread in this room. It has taken on a life of its own, completely different from what I'd originally envisioned, which I find very cool and rewarding.

Vito
02-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Oh yeah, I remember the second thread you mention. That was a weird one, even for you. ;)

:ROFL:

Silver King
02-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Did I ever tell you, Vito, about the thread I started a while back regarding my sister's boob job scheme, and how she wanted me to help her achieve her enhanced goal?

That one might be worth looking up for the laughs it created at my expense...

triceretops
02-11-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm. Not. Even. Going. To mention the worst one. It got me slammed here and on the Kindle boards--but it was the biggest threads I think I ever had in both places. That happens when everyone wants a chunk of your azz.

No best one. Only horrible memories.

tri

IAMWRITER
02-11-2013, 08:26 PM
A-Z of TV Shows thread. Its got almost 700 posts. I may have cried with pride!

Worst one was a stupid research question about something.

KTC
02-11-2013, 11:13 PM
My BONK thread was highly controversial. (-;

Vito
02-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Did I ever tell you, Vito, about the thread I started a while back regarding my sister's boob job scheme, and how she wanted me to help her achieve her enhanced goal?

I usually stay abreast with your threads, but that one must've gotten by me. I'll give it a search and take a look...

Cella
02-16-2013, 01:56 AM
the worst thread cray ever started was one about humming...

cray
02-16-2013, 01:59 AM
:roll:

ahem.

perhaps you missed my fig newton thread, madam?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

i am sooooo kiddding,...that was teh best. thread. evah!

quickWit
02-16-2013, 02:06 AM
That newton thread was epic. Epic, I say!

Of the handful of threads I started, this (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103432) is the one of which I'm most proud.

*sigh*

Such baudy, useless nonsense. I still get all tingly thinking about it. Good times.

Maryn
02-16-2013, 02:10 AM
I can't find my worst one or I'd link to it. I asked what was the oldest T-shirt you had which you still wore, rather than being collectible or a souvenir.

I'm still wearing the 1989 one which made me think to ask.

My best? We're still waiting for something worthy to come from me.

Maryn, better with a reaction quip than original material

Cella
02-16-2013, 02:13 AM
well, I started one about tattoos which seemed to get a lot of action.

it was this one! (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160183)

maxmordon
02-16-2013, 02:23 AM
Best one: One in Novels titled something like "Where are you in (your novel)?" Where people would say which bit in their novels were, either in plot or editing.

Worst one: A late-night "I thought it was a good idea" thread of a parody site about Hillary Clinton with a lewd name. It was the only stance I got in trouble with Mac & Med and asked it to have it erased out of shame.

Susie
02-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Best thread: "Grandma Susie's House of Fun" (Love it)
Worst one: "Do you have an innie or outie" (I liked it though) :D

Cliff Face
02-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Best one: "You Took The Words Right Outta My Mouth!" If only because it's received more posts than any of my other threads. :)

Worst one: Probably my newbie introduction thread... Where I asked for help with finding a publisher in my very first post on AW, because I hadn't read the guide that mentioned that that was sort of not going to work... Need to do my own research, it seems. :)

Vito
02-16-2013, 04:25 AM
well, I started one about tattoos which seemed to get a lot of action.

it was this one! (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160183)

Beer threads are always great. They're always epic, in fact. :e2drunk:

KellyAssauer
02-16-2013, 04:41 AM
That's pretty easy for me to answer.

Best was Kelly's Soft Asylum* now in Part 2!! (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255859)

and not because of the number of posts, but because of the really hysterical and just plain wonderful people who stop by and keep us all laughing. *title subject to change

Worst was my second SYW post which got a single reply:
a very kind encouraging, yet devastatingly truthful crit
(dpaterso - don't you dare think I'll ever forget. It was totally worth it. You made me work! =)

Vito
02-17-2013, 02:44 AM
Soft Asylum

Oh yeah, Soft Asylum. They had a few hit songs back in the early 1990s: "Runaway train never going back, wrong way on a one-way track, seems like I should be getting somewhere..." :tongue

KellyAssauer
02-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Oh yeah, Soft Asylum. They had a few hit songs back in the early 1990s: "Runaway train never going back, wrong way on a one-way track, seems like I should be getting somewhere..." :tongue

Although I was thinking of running away!

it was peppermint miniskirts and chocolate candy...
that was more responsible for the thread title.

;)

Ari Meermans
02-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Best thread (simply because it was hilarious): Man's own dog shoots him in the butt

Worst thread died on the vine so we won't go there.

Vito
02-17-2013, 06:10 AM
Although I was thinking of running away!

it was peppermint miniskirts and chocolate candy...
that was more responsible for the thread title.

;)

Oooops! I just learned that the name of the band was Soul Asylum, not Soft Asylum. An honest mistake, discretely and politely corrected by an anomymous disguised super-secret AW member. :Thumbs: