• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critique Groups - Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
Maybe I'm in the wrong place for this, but I believe I once came across a group that served to swap nonfiction articles for review.

Or maybe I was wishing for one. :) It was something like having a group of second readers ready to help revise your articles and you give feedback in return.

I think it was a Yahoo group. Does anyone here know of a group like this?

Hannah

Registered
Reaction score
I don't, but it sure sounds interesting. I'd like to know as well. :)

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
On another forum several of us were interested in input on our work and we formed a group amongst ourselves. . . exchanged email addresses and sent our work to each on the email list. Someone may not have time to critique this round, but others would. It worked out well for us, but seemed like it just faded away. Anyway, we set up a few rules to begin with; such as how many persons to have on the list to start with; don't expect your work to be critiqued over and over unless you are willing to read and critique others, etc.
Anyway, worked out great.

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Button & Hannah (and anyone else interested)- I'd be game to start a critique group if you two are interested....

Hannah

Registered
Reaction score
Cleopatra Jones said:
Button & Hannah (and anyone else interested)- I'd be game to start a critique group if you two are interested....

Sure, I'm interested. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.