• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ransom Publishing

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear of this publisher? They look interesting. I think it's awesome they specialize in reluctant readers. There should be more publishers for this kind of stuff.

http://www.ransom.co.uk/index.html

And for the YA writers out there, check out their Cutting Edge line.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I talked with one of the editors there once. Nice guy. They specialize in hi/lo books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I just noticed their teen books are lower in word counts, up to 35K. Mine wouldn't work. But someone who has a novella maybe would.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hi/Lo is a specific type of book. It's High interest (i.e. themes teens would be interested in), but easy to read. As in, written for people who have difficulty reading. Being short, is not enough. You have to really know what you're doing to write a hi/lo book. It's a skill additional to storytelling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Totally understand Profen, that's what I thought. I was reading some of the excerpts of their books and even the font was bigger.

Hey Just B. I contacted them on their contact page and they emailed them to me as an attachment. They were pretty quick about it too. If you're interested, I would suggest doing the same thing.