what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnKHollander

This space intentionally left blank
Registered
Reaction score
I found a post of 'Twilight' (on Booksie) and reported it to the site and the poster. Nothing.
I attempted to find an address for Meyer. Nothing.
The publisher(Brown, Little) does not offer an address on its website, and the comment I did manage to post on its Facebook page is just sitting there. Is there anything else I can do?

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
What do you mean you found a "post" of Twilight? Do you mean that the entire book was posted there?

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
I found about 20 links to download books today. Sadly, there's not much to be done. I report them to my publisher when I find them but it's often like that fairground game where you hit the little animal on the head with a sledgehammer and another pops up as quick. I'm sure there's hundreds if not thousands for Twilight.

LynnKHollander

Registered
Reaction score
It was chapter one, and the poster implied she was going to post the entire book.
In any case, I did find Meyer's Agent's email address, and sent off a message.
JulieB, thank you. If chapter one is still up, I'll try it.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
So the person was posting it in the body of a forum post?

I think that's mainly an issue for the forum moderator to see to. I don't know how long it's been since the post was made, but if the forum is well-moderated, I would think the moderator will take care of it.

LynnKHollander

Registered
Reaction score
The site staff, whatever their correct titles may be, were the first recipient of an email. Possibly I am too impatient, but since the chapter was still up three or four days later, I expanded my complaint.
In fact the chapter is still up, but I feel I've done what I can.
Again, thanks for the help.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Anytime you see something like that you can always check Twitter to see if the author is there. Even if they aren't, it's likely their publisher will be. Tweet them the link.

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
I've given up trying on my books. Like Alitriona says, it's like playing whack-a-mole. A few years back I put a post up on the blog asking folks out of the goodness of their hearts to please not pirate my work and have left it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.