PDA

View Full Version : Writeaholics Annonymous

ElaineA
02-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Hi....I'm Elaine. I'm a Writeaholic. It's been less than one minute since my last microscopic look at the commas in my manuscript.

My kitchen looks like a health violation waiting to happen.
I haven't gotten out of my pajamas yet today.
I haven't showered in 36 hours (but I did brush my teeth).

I...can't...stop...

Anyone else want to join Writeaholics Annonymous?

(We could use some sponsors, if anyone's found the cure.)

Lavern08
02-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Anyone else want to join Writeaholics Annonymous?

Maybe.

Do you have any snacks?

Shadow_Ferret
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I've always wonder why people make up an addiction and append it with "aholic?" That works with alcohol: alcoholic. But the word isn't writeahol. So you wouldn't be a writeaholic. You'd be a writeic.

Hmm. Maybe I'm a grammaric. :D

Corussa
02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
A writeic makes me think of a wry tic. But they're so small; it's hard to judge their emotions accurately. (And they don't like it when I stare.)

I don't know if I'm a fellow grammaric (your Gramma's called what?) or just a nitwit. I strongly suspect the latter. :D

But it would be nice to be a writeic, or writeaholic. I think my writing's sadly too under control at the moment...

Lavern08
02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
A writeic makes me think of a wry tic. But they're so small; it's hard to judge their emotions accurately. (And they don't like it when I stare.)

:ROFL:

...And they tend to be kinda nervous. :D

ElaineA
02-06-2013, 04:18 AM
But the word isn't writeahol. So you wouldn't be a writeaholic. You'd be a writeic.

HAHA! I thought about what the word could be before I wrote it down. I backspaced, thought some more, wrote writerholic, backspaced again then decided...well you don't want to know what my brain said...it makes me look bad.:evil

ElaineA
02-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Maybe.

Do you have any snacks?

I think the requisite snacks are chocolate, cupcakes and...wings? But because of the state of a Writic's--is that the proper term?--kitchen, it will have to be store-bought. Sorry! :Cake:

SWest
02-06-2013, 06:54 AM
I can stop any time I want.

Paperback Writer
02-06-2013, 07:01 AM
I don't believe I have a problem.