PDA

View Full Version : Writin' Buddy X-change~

Shirokirie
02-03-2013, 09:38 PM
This is kind've like an on-call job posting for me, kos when I'm ready to throw one your way, I'll be letting you know. Until then, we can go for lunch every Saturday, sit and shoot the breeze over some tea, you know, that kind of thing, if you want.

I'm looking for a writin' buddy. Someone with a keen eye for inconsistencies and the technical nuts and bolts of writing, and a strong love for science-fiction and fantasy genre.

I want to run The Kingdom of Ecstasy through someone. I think it's starting to gain momentum, and I want someone who can offer not just 'this is what glared at me', but reactions and opinions. You know: "This is what I think of what you have."

In exchange, I'm willing to offer everything I got in my writer's tool box. From the creative off-the-wall stuff to "Okay, keep this in mind as you write, I think it will help your story out." I mean literally everything I got -- writing's a mutual learning experience, right?

That probably wouldn't be of much benefit if you're a super experienced author... in which case I offer you my deepest respect. :)

So in summary:

Genre: Fiction
Category: Science-Fantasy; Mild Adult themes; Hardcore Fantasy elements; Some Futuristic Techno-sorcery.
WC: 13,898 (thus far)
Type of desired feedback: Reading and evaluation...? Nitpicks welcome.
Level of knowledge and credentials: Knowledge of writing in third-omni preferred. You do not have to be a published author. I do want an avid SFF reader.

Links and stuff.
I pretty much want to do this one chapter at a time. I'm not in a rush to get it done. And I'd need time to absorb all the helpful advice and stuff, so there's that too. If you don't mind that, great.

You can find multiple examples in Confusion Check (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257745). I'd say that the actual project is a bit more polished than that, but I havn't been posting revisions. So, the credibility of my statements is subject to user tastes, as always. As long as it's not like a 13,898 word-long text message, right?

OMG I LYK WAN 2 KNO WAT U THNK YO HIT ME ^ A MSG. ;)

Holla (or send me a PM).