MySpace - am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys - I have a MySpace account, and I must say, it has become an addiction. I was just wondering...am I the only goof over 20 who uses MySpace? Just in case I'm not, here's my MySpace URL:

http://www.myspace.com/wvwritergirl

Feel free to add me to your friends list. I blog there quite frequently.

:tongue

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
Funny you mention that. We've had two incidents in the past eight days involving 15 year old girls who hooked up with guys they met on their My Space account.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Man, hope I don't stir up controversy with this. That's not what I'm after...just want to network with some of the people on here that I "know" is all...sorry...

*slinks away, tail tucked securely between her legs*

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
No controversy at all. I don't blame anyone but the parents in those cases. I confess that I am unfamiliar with the website, but it appears to be like the old Yahoo type things that we all used when I was in college.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on myspace. Though I have to admit I only created an account because the DJ of my favorite stations takes his requests from his myspace account. Sad reason for me to join I guess.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm there too, and it is a rather young crowd. I never thought I would use the term "jail bait" on a public forum, but it does apply. On second thought, I better not use it.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
storygirl said:
I'm on myspace. Though I have to admit I only created an account because the DJ of my favorite stations takes his requests from his myspace account. Sad reason for me to join I guess.
Actually, that's probably the best of all reasons. After all, MySpace began as a site for musicians to keep in touch with their fans. At some point, it got spun into Friendster 2.0 or something and now its original purpose is a sadly minor facet of its existence. I mean, when Coke has a MySpace account it uses to plant surreptitious marketing messages online, what's left for it?

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
I'm just glad to know that normal people use it for normal reasons. From the way it has been talked about in the media down here the past couple of weeks, I was starting to think that the sole purpose of the site was to lure underage girls across state lines for immoral purposes.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
BradyH1861 said:
I was starting to think that the sole purpose of the site was to lure underage girls across state lines for immoral purposes.
And what else would you call trying to get people to come to a rock show? I can't think of any more immoral purpose than that.

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
pconsidine said:
Actually, that's probably the best of all reasons. After all, MySpace began as a site for musicians to keep in touch with their fans. At some point, it got spun into Friendster 2.0 or something and now its original purpose is a sadly minor facet of its existence. I mean, when Coke has a MySpace account it uses to plant surreptitious marketing messages online, what's left for it?
My husband is in a band and the youngest member of the group suggested that they have a MySpace page. I was kind of negative on the idea, mostly because I was under the impression that MySpace didn't have many members who were old enough to actually go to a 21+ venue. Sounds like I might be wrong about that. Can any of you recommend a good example of a band's MySpace page? (I ask because I have somehow become their webmaster.)

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Peggy said:
My husband is in a band and the youngest member of the group suggested that they have a MySpace page. I was kind of negative on the idea, mostly because I was under the impression that MySpace didn't have many members who were old enough to actually go to a 21+ venue. Sounds like I might be wrong about that. Can any of you recommend a good example of a band's MySpace page? (I ask because I have somehow become their webmaster.)

I'm 32 years old, and I have a myspace. All my favorite bands have them too. A couple major artists have released songs on their myspace page before anywhere else now, too.

It's good for bands because they can put their shows on myspace calendar, and fans can get notices and stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/fateswarning is an example of a typical Myspace music page.

My page is here, if anyone wants to add me.

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
I'm on too.

I don't spend a great deal of time there because it's slow and set out quite clumsily... (-- now I think of Rob every time I use one of those.)

Anyway, WVWriterGirl, I just sent you a friend request :)

And I'd love to add more people from here!

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
I have two bands in my friends list:

http://www.myspace.com/bomshel - my cousin's country music band (she's the one on the right in all the pictures)

http://www.myspace.com/byzantine - a friend of mine from high school is the lead singer of this one.

I also have a group of friends on my friends list from an over-25 gamers website. In fact, I don't think there is anyone on there under 25, aside from my niece (who's on my friends list because she's a family member).

I use MySpace to blog my personal opinions and such...I just feel like I can express myself more there for some reason - my other blog is reserved for "professional stuff" and I find that I neglect it for that reason. If you want a peek into my pitiful little life, you can read all about it on my MySpace blog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.