Will you be watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, guess who's on TV tonight? You guessed it, George Dubya.

So the question is: Will you be watching?

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
Naturally I will watch. I can't wait to hear him use the "I'm the president so I can do what I want" line over and over and over again. Ah yes, it will be exciting. I'll probably make some popcorn and have a party. I do, however, wish I could be there in person. Every few minutes I would stand up and start chanting "Donate your pay to save Ken De Lay!"

Of course, I'd probably end up detained as a terror suspect if I did that.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, now I'm wondering if I should have posted this thread in the TIO section.

VictoriaE

Writer, Environmentalist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
victoria-e.com
I watched his last State of Address and was by no means impressed. I know that a number of people do not fancy him (myself included), but he does have the hardest job in the country and he pulled it off well. When you think of what he has done the past few years, it is very difficult to try and add logic to it in less than a half hour.

I will probably be watching, yes.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, who are you talking about again?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brady, I thought we all voted for you.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
BradyH1861 said:
I will not comment on the swearing in of Alito other than to say that I fear what this holds in store for our criminal justice system.

well, as you curse the authoritarian right who put him in a position of ultimate power, be sure to also curse the spineless opposition.

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
Well, so did I. But I haven't gotten a call from Washington yet. Furthermore, I do not want Alito's spot on the bench. I want the Chief Justiceship which belongs to John Roberts. Unfortunately, he is a relatively young man and so I'll have to wait a long time.

That said, I actually think he has the makings of a good Chief Justice.

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
William Haskins said:
well, as you curse the authoritarian right who put him in a position of ultimate power, be sure to also curse the spineless opposition.

I curse all politicians equally. And Ted "Hiccup" Kennedy gets on my nerves. Seriously, can't someone else speak for the Democratic Party (which I am not a member of)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BradyH1861 said:
Well, so did I. But I haven't gotten a call from Washington yet. Furthermore, I do not want Alito's spot on the bench. I want the Chief Justiceship which belongs to John Roberts. Unfortunately, he is a relatively young man and so I'll have to wait a long time.

That said, I actually think he has the makings of a good Chief Justice.

I stand corrected. You want John Roberts' position.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Van De Lay Industries' Uncle. :)

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
I really can't stand the George Bush bashing from every American in the country anymore...

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
We don't have TV, but I wouldn't watch it anyway.

Maybe I have some old Howdy Doody Cartoon lying around, and I can overdub it with mispronounced words and incorrect sentences. Same thing, right? Howdy reminds us how he is going to take over the world, because God is on his side and although he preciates the fact that Americans have free speech and everything, it all basically means nothing as long as he is around.

Howdy says:

"We are going to hunt down the terrorists and I will darn well do as I please as long as I am using the word "terrorist," at frequent intervals. Even though our economy is worse than ever, and our Federal deficit will never be paid off, those darned terrorists are the top priority, that is, finding them and killing them and stuff. I'm gonna send those poor guys I wouldn't spit on, I mean, our brave soldiers into a war they will never win and hopefully I won't even have to pay them fairly for their time. I'm also going to call for a cutback of reservists, because there aren't anyway. Just look at the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, and how there is no money to fix it. Why, I was just there last week, on my way to a high flutin dinner in Florida, and someone made me stop and tell those folks that things are comin along fine. Boy, I got scared when one of them asked me to go inside their FEMA trailer! Luckily for me, Trent Lott was having a cocktail party and I had to go. As most of my supporters do, them good folks in Mississippi believed me when I told them again that help was on the way.

What I meant was, "You're in my way."
And speaking of my way, we are sure winning the war on terror."

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I really can't stand the George Bush bashing from every American in the country anymore...

Unfortunately, it's not every American. If it were even close to being every American, the man would have been impeached a long time ago. Let's give Cheney a go at it. It couldn't be worse.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/2006.01.html

There have been 2,443 coalition deaths, 2,241 Americans, one Australian, 100 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, two Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Hungarian, 26 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians in the war in Iraq as of January 31, 2006, according to a CNN count.

Status
Not open for further replies.