• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader Wanted for Sci-Fi/Mystery 54k Finished Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecwma

Registered
Reaction score
United States, North America, Earth, Sol 1, Milky
I'm looking for a beta for my novel. It's currently around 54k, and I've edited it about 6 times myself. I'm more than happy to beta for you in return.

I'd just like a fresh set of eyes before I try to send it off, and I want to make sure that the ending isn't predictable, without the story itself being too standoffish, outlandish, or jumpy. I will send it to you a chapter at a time, with the prologue tied to chapter one and the epilogue tied to chapter nine.

Here's a blurb: "Humanity’s first attempt at interstellar travel could not have been deemed a success by even the most optimistic: nearly one million lives were lost. Yet, humans are known for nothing if not their stubbornness, and a mere three years later, they launched their second attempt. Five years into the voyage, the crew of The Ouroborous has grown accustomed to their new life. Until, that is, they disappear. Major Hammill wakes up to discover himself on an empty ship with the irreverent Doctor Shepherd, and little time to find out what has happened to his crew. Now, he must work his way through the derelict ship, searching for his crew, fighting with his past, and trying to uncover his own government’s best-kept secrets."

The only warnings are for mild-to-moderate innuendo. ;)

Let me know if you have any questions, and private message me if you're the beta I'm looking for!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let me know if you have any questions. . . .

In which universe is our earth Sol I? That's the little speedball, Mercury. Our blue marble is Sol III.

Nice blurb, though. My kind of space opera.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Is this adult or YA? Word count's a bit low in either case.

I'd be happy to beta this in a month or so, if you still need readers then. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.