6th annual short story contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChangeWorks

I entered the 6th annual writers digest short story contest and have not heard anything. Does anyone know how you find out if anyone has won? What are the changes to win one of these contest? This is the first time that I have ever entered a contest. Do they let the winners know all at once or are winners annouced over time. Just curious. I know it's a long shot. Thanks!

DenimSoul

Shelf bound or bust!
Registered
Reaction score
I never entered the short story contest but I entered the regular writing competition (73rd Annual) and they told us in very small print on the entry form when everyone would be notified. I didn't do too bad, I placed 5th in the Children's Literature category and got a fair amount of stuff: A check, free year subscription to the magazine, free Writer's Market book and the online version too, a certificate and letter with my placement etc.

Then they announced all the winners in the Writer's Digest magazine. There is a LOT of competition, they told me there were almost 18,000 entries and I placed 5th! I was absolutely in shock when I got the letter.

It came at the right time too. I was just about to throw in the towel and give up on my dream as a writer. That was the shot of confidence I needed to keep going.

Good luck!

ChangeWorks

Wow you place fifth out of 18,000 that is awesome. I was wondering how many people enter these contest. I'm gald that you didn't give up!

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
W's D comp.

It's a good competition to be placed in as it is thought to be a reputable one and carries mana. (Oops! Prestige is the nearest translation for mana.)

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
Winners will be notified by February 10, 2006, according to their website. I entered that one too. :)

ViatMortege

Registered
Reaction score
Readers Digest?

I didn't even know RD had a short story contest.
Interesting.
What's the genere?

'if love is blind, then fate equally so.' Unknown.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Readers Digest, Writers Digest, it's all the same, eh?

Maryn, who didn't win nothin' from nobody!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.