PDA

View Full Version : Continuum (syfy show)

acockey
01-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Anyone have any opinions on this one. I find myself unable to root for her due to her inability to see both side. My liberal side hates her so much. The atrocities of the companies just makes me unable to like the female lead as well, though I understand her plight.

Like or dislike?

dpaterso
01-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Anyone have any opinions on this one. I find myself unable to root for her due to her inability to see both side. My liberal side hates her so much. The atrocities of the companies just makes me unable to like the female lead as well, though I understand her plight.

Like or dislike?
Like, lots. Kiera's up against a bunch of murdering scumbags who are prepared to kill massive numbers of innocents without a second thought. That swings things very much in her favor from where I'm sitting. Plus, she's personable, smart, doesn't let the odds get to her, always tries to do the right thing, following her own unerring sense of right and wrong.

-Derek

Calla Lily
01-28-2013, 11:42 PM
I like the geek who's monitoring her and feeding her info. I caught most of the pilot and part of the next ep, so there's a lot I don't know yet. I won't schedule around it, but I'll catch it on demand when I have a few minutes.

Violeta
01-29-2013, 04:32 PM
I caught most of the pilot and part of the next ep, so there's a lot I don't know yet.

Me too. I watched a couple more and lost interest when I realized it was more cop-show than sci-fi show. The pilot was promising, and I couldn't wait to see more. Then it all went downhill for me. Maybe someday I'll give it another try. :Shrug:

nahalwi
01-29-2013, 05:03 PM
I think it was already picked up for a second season after finishing the first on Showtime.

dirtsider
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
I just caught the pilot and I liked it. Didn't catch the second ep but I think I'll give it a chance. Then again, I like a good cop show as much as a good sci-fi show.

BAY
01-30-2013, 04:33 AM
Nope.

They waited too long to humanize her. And, she tortures people in handcuffs. Need I say more?

Manuel Royal
02-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Just saw the first two episodes; intriguing.

I wouldn't have humanized her so soon. Good actress, though.

It's like a variation of The Terminator in which you can have some sympathy for both sides. And they did a nice economical job, early on, of laying out the two basic science fiction theories of time travel. But, will they commit to one as being the reality of the show? We won't ever know unless they move forward (rather than in flashbacks) to 2077.

I like the future technology. All quite doable (except the time travel itself, of course).

CharacterInWhite
02-12-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm rooting for both sides, which is why I like the show. They both have understandable motivations.

Plus I'm a sucker for strong female leads.

veinglory
02-12-2013, 02:34 AM
I hope they will unpack some of the moral ambiguity as they go. But as a lead actor she doesn't emote very much. She seems almost doll-like to me.

CharacterInWhite
02-12-2013, 03:48 AM
I hope they will unpack some of the moral ambiguity as they go. But as a lead actor she doesn't emote very much. She seems almost doll-like to me.

She strikes me as single-minded. I imagine if I were working counter terrorism, I'd be pretty focused too.

Myrealana
02-12-2013, 04:42 AM
I grabbed this series out of curiosity and just finished watching it.

I couldn't stop watching. At first Kiera was kind of boring, but as the series went on, I really felt for her. Of course, I could sympathize with Liber8's goals, too. Not their methods, of course, but their goals. For Kiera, the future is pretty bright, but for the poor or the indentured, a world run by corporations looks dark, brutal and hopeless.

I love not knowing who is right - and I really like young Alec.

CharacterInWhite
02-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Just finished the first season.

I'm kinda pissed about how they finished the last episode.

That's important information. That information is going to decide whether or not I continue watching the series, and if they keep jerking me along until the end of S2 to give it, I'm going to be pissed and give up out of frustration.