PDA

View Full Version : Typo Spotter Contest

cws
01-26-2013, 03:49 AM
If typos drive you crazy--whether in books or other printed material--I've got a contest for you. Just take an original photo of the worst terrible typo you spot, and send it in. There are several (small!) cash prizes, and you have until March 31 to enter, so there's lots of time for you to be a Typo Spotter.
Full rules are on my website:
http://www.secondsetofeyes.com/Typo_Spotter_Contest.html

cornflake
01-26-2013, 04:29 AM
Are you talking about typos or usage/grammar/punctuation/etc. errors? These are, to me at least, different things.

Silver King
01-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Cynthia, I get the feeling you are trying to promote your website with that contest. Since you haven't posted on AW in over two years, and only a couple of times before that, your announcement veers dangerously close to spam.

If you feel I have the wrong impression, please explain why; otherwise, I'm going to delete this thread.

Thank you.

cws
01-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Since you need to submit a photo, actual typos, whether accidental or due simply to ignorance, are best. Usage issues would typically not work well visually, though sometimes punctuation errors do. Check out my website and Facebook page for examples of the types of photos that work well. Maybe I live in a particularly illiterate area, but I seem to find a couple of "terrible typos" every week or two.

cws
01-26-2013, 04:37 AM
Just trying to promote a fun contest where people can actually win (small amounts) of cash. Many writers on this board have expressed concern about the numerous typos they see in books they read. If you look at my website, you'll see that I'm closed to clients for editing, so I'm truly not trying to solicit business, just trying to draw attention to the contest I thought some writers may be interested in. However, it's certainly your prerogative to delete the thread. I will occasionally pop in on these boards to poke around, but had lost my log-in info, which is why I haven't posted for years.

Silver King
01-26-2013, 04:49 AM
Okay, that sounds good to me. Carry on and have fun with the contest. :)

(You should try to spend more time on AW; it's a great site that I'm sure you'd enjoy.)

cws
01-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Thanks! Actually, last spring when I was querying, I did use it a lot. I was just more of a lurker.