So my kid was telling me a story...

Paul J Andrew

Reborn! Or reincarnated? Rebooted?
Registered
Reaction score
At dinner time we often play a game wherein the player is called upon to do random challenges. It's a little circular electronic device with lights around the edges and cards go in it. After you hit the button in the center the lights go off randomly until it stops in one spot, whereupon the player has to do the thing on the card that is adjacent to where the light stopped. It's kind of fun and keeps the kids from bickering (too much).

So last night my daughter, who is seven, was called upon to "tell a story about the littlest ladybug." So off the top of her head she recites this story about a ladybug who is picked on by her friends for being little, and whose father says it's ok to be different. At the end she tells us the little ladybug goes to sleep and has a growth spurt and wakes up normal sized. At which point I slam my hand on the table and yell "Deus ex machina!" and everyone at the table looks at me like I've lost my mind. :Shrug:

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! You've got a budding horror writer on your hands. :D

Waking up normal. *shudders* How horrible. :scared:
That's not Dues ex machina, it's Twilight Zone. :tongue Tsk, tsk, dad, you've got your genre's confused.

Have you asked her if the littlest ladybug thinks there is something wrong with being the littlest?

You know, those big ladybugs don't know what they're missing.

The littlest ladybug always gets the most Halloween candy. Always. Let's face it, cute brings the candy.

The littlest ladybug will still be able to play on the jump houses at the carnival, even though the other ladybugs are too tall.

The littlest ladybug probably has tons of things she can do better than the other ladybugs.