Artwork (some free) and reference photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristiina

In the land of frost, volcanoes, and well-armed wo
Registered
Reaction score
Long time no posting, but I thought I'd let you people know that I started a blog where it's possible to see samples of my artwork. Right now there is just one acrylics painting (and not a good one at that, I'm far more used to oils) and several drawings, but they give some idea of what I'm able to do, and I'm of course going to post more samples as I get them ready. It's been a while since I last painted, and unfortunately the paintings I had from that period were stolen from storage several years ago.

There are also several photographs I took mostly for reference (a friend posing on nearby castle ruins in a green cloak - good sport, she was even perfectly willing to pose for several with a sword in hand even though there were some sightseers there), but some of them are pretty decent and might even be usable for fantasy story covers, especially if first played with by somebody who knows how to use Photoshop or some other similar program. I will probably post more photos sooner or later, especially if I can get her to pose again.

And most things found on the blog can be used in exchange for art credit. This is more of a hobby, but since I like to paint I figured why not see if I could get some pizza and movie money for it, so - I do take commissions, but you can also use the ones you find there for free as long as you advertise me a bit. Some exposure probably would not hurt. Besides I'm just not likely to bother going after anyone who might swipe something from there, so might as well let people do it with permission. :tongue

I do not make whole cover designs, I'm not good enough with that to be comfortable trying to sell my efforts, and right now I also have no bloody idea how to really use graphics programs although I intend to try and learn. So it's just old fashioned oil and acrylics paintings. Since I have limited storage room I'd also prefer if you buy the actual painting, I send it to you through good old paper mail and you can then use it in whatever way you want. I would, however, preserve the right to use a scanned or photographed copy as an example of what I can do.

There are tons of better artists, also on this site, but I'm pretty decent if you like my style so take a look if you need a cover artist, or just want something for your wall. I'm also quite cheap right now - okay, prices would depend a bit on what you might want and how difficult I'd find it to do, but we are mostly talking about 20 to 30 dollars tops here (if you settle for not much bigger than about A4 sized paper or canvas, if you want something half the size of your living room wall I will probably ask more), in addition to the materials (actual canvases aren't cheap, acrylics on paper is). If I start seeing some demand I might become a bit more expensive but first I just want to see if people are interested. ;)

The address is: http://kitilappi.com/

I have several almost ready or half ready oil paintings, so I might start posting some examples of them in about a month or so.

Edit: And oh yes, since I write too I might also be interested if anyone would be willing to beta read in exchange for art.

Last edited:

Kristiina

Registered
Reaction score
thanks

Ah, didn't actually notice that there was a job board, this was bit of a spur of the moment decision (and done hastily before I had to go to work). I intend to start advertising more once I got a decent portfolio together, and that is still at least a few months away. But I'll do that before this disappears completely.

Kristiina

Registered
Reaction score
And I posted a new painting yesterday. Cemetery angel in moonlight, acrylics on paper. I will probably be doing at least one per week for a while. For one thing I need covers for my own stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.