• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Anybody interested in having a critique partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollieplayer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mollieplayer.com
Hi you y/a authors,

Though there are places on this forum to submit work for critique, I would prefer a more "long-term relationship" with someone experienced in this genre for mutual writing critique help.

Anyone interested in trying this out? Maybe just commit to one short piece each and see how it goes from there? If so, I'd very much welcome your PMs.

Thanks!
Mollie

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
You're in luck! We have a forum just for that purpose.

Don't forget to read the stickies. It helps a lot to have an example query in the thread so people can get a taste of your story, and/or some sample pages up for critique in Share Your Work.

EDIT: Here's a good post from this sticky about how to use the Beta Reader forum to it's highest potential.

It will greatly increase your chances of getting a response when you post a request for beta readers if you provide the relevent and necessary information in your post. Please!

- Genre.
- Category (childrens, MG, YA, NA, adult).
- Word count.
- What kind of feedback you're looking for.
- If possible, a link to where you've posted the query or first chapter in Share Your Work. If not, a brief blurb or summary of the book.
- Whether or not you're willing to trade beta-reads with people, and, if you are, what genre(s) you're willing to critique.

And do please proofread your post to your best ability. If we aren't familiar with you and your work, we're going to equate the quality of your manuscript with the quality of writing in your post. Poor punctuation and run-on sentences aren't going to entice readers.

quill10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi you y/a authors,

Though there are places on this forum to submit work for critique, I would prefer a more "long-term relationship" with someone experienced in this genre for mutual writing critique help.

Anyone interested in trying this out? Maybe just commit to one short piece each and see how it goes from there? If so, I'd very much welcome your PMs.

Thanks!
Mollie
Hi Mollie,

I'm interested. We can exchange one chapter/story to see if we fit into each other?

Thanks,
Zoe

RebeccaZeno

Registered
Reaction score
Hi you y/a authors,

Thanks!
Mollie

Hi, Mollie!

I would love to create a relationship with you for critiquing. I'm new to this group and had a couple of posts for critique partners I can get close so they can be trustworthy to share work with and I believe our expectations are closely related.

The one thing I am curious about is, what genre is your work? I have a fantasy/adventure novel that I am currently searching for critters if you would like to exchange.

PM me if you are interested : )

Blankard

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I'm totally down as well. Mollie, if you've already found someone, congrats! Anyone else looking, pm me or something - you'll find an enthused and well-versed critique'r.

Status
Not open for further replies.