• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Would you, could you, be my friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
After a long break from writing, and a lot of soul searching, I am gearing up restart my first draft of my WIP. Yesterday I scrapped my previous attempts and wrote 1138 words. Some of you may recognize my name and be thinking"Oh, no, she is crying wolf again." But something feels different this time. I have really thought a lot about why it just wasn't working, and realized I was trying to write the story for a different audience than I intended. Meaning I was going all light and fluffy when I should have stayed true to my vision and been more dark and gritty.

I have a renewed commitment to getting this first draft done. But I know me, and without someone to spur me on, I will lag. So, once again, I am on here looking for a writing buddy/sounding board/accountability partner.

My WIP is mixed genre-sci fi/fantasy and very adult. My intention is to put it out as a web serial once I get it finished. The plot is a bit complicated to try and sum it up in a few paragraphs, but basically it is the story of 4 women who end up on another planet, and get drawn into the schemes of several different factions. Sword and sorcery mixed with tech. Dragons and unicorns, and yes a few vampires pop up too. This is a bit vague I know, so if you need more details before deciding, let me know.

There will be romance, but that will not be the main focus. There will be sex and violence. I may be politically incorrect at times. Same sex relationships will be present. So I am looking for someone who is open minded.

My main purpose in posting here is to find someone who can commit to a long term writing buddy relationship. I write better when I have someone to discuss things with, and bounce ideas off. I have a much more stable work schedule now, so I will be mainly writing in the afternoons.

PM me here to get more details, and my email address. It is easier for me to correspond in email than PM's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.