• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] Munduslingua

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Anyone else get an email from them?

Munduslingua, the Cultural Network invites you to join for free the Online World Book Fair to appear in the lists of publishers and authors from around the world. Remember that the World Book Fair is a space for publishers and authors to promote their [new] books and sell foreign rights and books.

In addition feature in the World Book Fair 1 of your books for only 40 dollars, pay with PayPal and we will promote your book so that it reaches publishers and readers worldwide in any foreign language of your choice.

And mundislingua.com doesn't seem to exist.

I reckon its a scam to get me to part with 40 bucks but I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise :)

Sharii

I draw comics, lots of comics.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sharii.com
Anybody else besides me see MUNDISLINGUA as "mudslinger"at first glance? Maybe I need new glasses ...

My brain decided to take a shortcut and just read it as 'multilingual'. Lazy brain.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto mudslinger.

Munduslingua

Registered
Reaction score
Response from the Munduslingua.com Team on this thread

It is with great regret that the Munduslingua.com Team reads the comments in this forum about its Online World Book Fair. Far from being a scam or a "mudslinger at first glance", Munduslingua, the Cultural Network is a legally established company dedicated to the promotion of culture worldwide.

For those who are new to Munduslingua, our website has similarities to a social network where you can open an account for free at www.munduslingua.com.

Once you are in your account, you can learn about world cultures through videos, stories and posts (=bubbles) that are shared by users from all over the world, learn new languages, listen to radio programs that support independent artists, read newspapers in different languages and much more.

In addition, every user is invited to contribute in the promotion of his own country by embedding Youtube/Vimeo videos that show the country's culture, cherished traditions, history, language and top places for tourism. All this is done inside the country groups for which there is one group for each country in the world.

As for the Online World Book Fair, it is Munduslingua's space for the promotion of literature worldwide. You can visit the Book Fair any time at: http://www.munduslingua.com/chat/index.php/book_fair

Once inside the World Book Fair, notice a series of flags from different countries. If you click on any of these, you will find a list of local publishers and authors. Please know that you can appear for free inside the list of authors and publishers for your country. For this you only have to fill the form found at http://www.munduslingua.com/chat/world_book_fair.php. Once you let us know your name, country of origin and URL to your website, we will add you to the list of authors and publishers for your country. You gain this way a free link to your website and works which can be found by visitors to the World Book Fair.

In addition, for those publishers and authors who desire to sell foreign rights and books, Munduslingua offers a service for the promotion of their books. The promotion, valid for 1 year, is done by creating a special page for your books in the Book Fair and translating the summary of each book into any foreign language you desire. We then invite publishers from all over the world to discover your books so that they may buy from you the rights to publish them in their country and own language. That is why you have the possibility to pay 40 dollars, which corresponds to the promotion of 1 book in one foreign language. Payments are done by PayPal offering all publishers and authors a secure platform for payments.

Now we invite you to experience all this by yourselves. Join the World Book Fair any time for free and even register on Munduslingua to explore the first network for the promotion of culture worldwide.

Best regards,
The Munduslingua.com Team

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's the YADS (Yet Another Display Site) aspect that concerns people here. What are you doing differently from the myriad others who tried and failed to "connect writers and publishers"? Most publishers get enough slush that they have no reason to go out and look for more; the con-artist "publishers" and "agents", however, love sites like this. Do you have a method of vetting the legitimacy of publishers and agents?

The rest of the site, aside from the YADS, seems like a cool idea :).

Munduslingua

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Linda for your last comment and mentioning the YADS (Yet Another Display Site) aspect that is likely to be concerning people here.

First of all, remember that what Munduslingua has is an Online World Book Fair. For those who have visited world book fairs in the past, you will have noticed that it is a place for publishers and authors to display the books they have already published (physical or electronic), sell copies and foreign rights. In the case of publishers, a world book fair is a fantastic opportunity to discuss with the people representing other publishing companies from the world in order to acquire from them the rights for certain books they would be interested in publishing in their own countries.

Similarly, the idea here is to offer a place where people can find the books that publishers and authors from around the world have released. Thus, it is NOT a place for avoiding the need to obtain a literary agent. Moreover it is not even a book fair for publishers and authors to avoid having to go to book fairs all over the world. What it is, is a complement to those visits to book fairs because your books can be found in the Online World Book Fair all year long, 24/7 and not only for a couple of days like in a physical book fair.

Having said all this, the Online World Book Fair is NOT a place to connect publishers with authors so that authors may find a publisher that can publish their works. What it offers is the opportunity for any person, author or publisher to find the names of other publishers and authors from the world in order to see the books they have already published. Then, if you are interested in acquiring rights or want to buy a particular book from any publisher or author, you can do it directly with the publisher/author through their own websites.

As for your question about having a method of vetting the legitimacy of publishers, Munduslingua has once again a book fair and serves only as a promotion channel.

Best regards,
The Munduslingua.com Team

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
In the case of publishers, a world book fair is a fantastic opportunity to discuss with the people representing other publishing companies from the world in order to acquire from them the rights for certain books they would be interested in publishing in their own countries.

Which is what Frankfurt is for. Also, for me, Bologna. I get two book fairs a year minimum.

it is NOT a place for avoiding the need to obtain a literary agent.
Okay.

it is not even a book fair for publishers and authors to avoid having to go to book fairs all over the world.

Uh-huh.

What it is, is a complement to those visits to book fairs because your books can be found in the Online World Book Fair all year long, 24/7 and not only for a couple of days like in a physical book fair.

Yeah. As a publisher, I don't need that. Twice a year is fine, especially given that literary agents exist.

the Online World Book Fair is NOT a place to connect publishers with authors so that authors may find a publisher that can publish their works.

No, that wouldn't work too well.

What it offers is the opportunity for any person, author or publisher to find the names of other publishers and authors from the world in order to see the books they have already published.

We have Google for that and many other fine websites such as Amazon and Wikipedia. If your proposition is "a phone book for publishers and authors", this need may already be filled. Especially if you'll list absolutely anyone.

Then, if you are interested in acquiring rights or want to buy a particular book from any publisher or author, you can do it directly with the publisher/author through their own websites.

Yes, or I can just Google them and find their websites myself.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, Munduslingua, I don't think anyone was actually *calling* you or your business a mudslinger. We were just saying that mudslinger was the English word that the spelling of Munduslingua made our brains supply on a first look. My brain did, anyway.

When one sees an unknown word, the brain often tries first to identify it as a known word that is similar. In this case, mudslinger. No one is calling names, though a focus group might have pinpointed that phenomenon for you when you were choosing names for your company. I'm not a huge fan of focus groups, but they are particularly good for tasks like that. You knew what you meant, so you didn't have similar words jump into your mind. Someone who comes to it cold may have--and in some cases obviously has had--a different experience. Mudslinger or multilingual are the two that have been mentioned.

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Muduslingua,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, shows you guys are googling your business to find out what is being said. But, there are a few things I would love to hear about which I can not find on your site...

What precautions is muduslingua taking to protect themself from writers posting plagiarized work? This should include not only the written word, but artwork and pictures as well

What precautions is muduslingua taking to prevent pirating?

The excuse of we are just a display site and not responsible for what other people post just does not wash, if that is where you are going...

You know a lot of those Utube video's are copyright protected, right?