Account acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperback Writer

Learning the craft
Registered
Reaction score
It's like I went back in a time machine to the 60'
I've been noticing two strange things on my account. Recently when I try to edit a post it is formated with HTML tags and I have to input HTML like BR tags for spaces. Also my signature links to a really old tickerfactory link from 2009 that is no longer there. I think these are some sort of bugs on my account.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Are you asking how to edit the link code out of your signature, or for help with it as you've already tried but are unable to for whatever reason?

Last edited:

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Have you somehow switched off the WYSIWIG editing? Check your UserCP>Settings and options>Options, near the bottom.

I occasionally seem to do that when I hit a certain key combo by mistake (like a ctrl+something).

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Could also be worth trying a different browser and seeing if you experience the same issues.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Start with the easiest thing first. Log off, log out, clean out your cookies and cache, bring your browser back up and see if you still have the problem.

Deleted member 42

update: I think the html was because I activated no script on my Linux Mint laptop.

The question of the old tickerfactory signature remains unanswered however.

1. If you turned off JavaScript or are using NoScript this site will not work right.

2. You're not editing HTML. That's called BBCode

3. Turn JavaScript back on/enter a NoScript exception for this site.

Torgo

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
While we're on the subject, is there a keyboard shortcut for switching the editor mode? Because I do seem to do it unintentionally from time to time.

Deleted member 42

While we're on the subject, is there a keyboard shortcut for switching the editor mode? Because I do seem to do it unintentionally from time to time.

There's no keyboard shortcut.

I suspect that for some reason the prefs aren't getting stored, and that it's going to the default.

I'd log off, log in, and toggle the settings.

Wait--is this on iOS device? Safari does very odd things with prefs.

Torgo

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
There's no keyboard shortcut.

I suspect that for some reason the prefs aren't getting stored, and that it's going to the default.

I'd log off, log in, and toggle the settings.

Wait--is this on iOS device? Safari does very odd things with prefs.

No, it's just sometimes I'll be typing a comment, miss the shift key and mash CTRL or Alt or something while hitting a letter, and look up to notice my WYSIWIG stuff has turned off. I suspect there might be a browser extension or something being invoked (like NoScript or something) with the keypress. Not to worry, though, was curious more than anything else.

Deleted member 42

I suspect there might be a browser extension or something being invoked (like NoScript or something) with the keypress. Not to worry, though, was curious more than anything else.

That does sound plausible, and if you figure out what it is, please let me know. I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one this is happening to.

In fact, I'm contemplating moving your related posts to the tech forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.