PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Form an Onling YA Critique Group

tprevost
01-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey All!!! I have a critique group at home that meets weekly, but one of our members mentioned that she's apart of many groups and how much she felt she benefits from it. So, I thought I'd try my hand at forming another one that meets online, but that focusing on YA. Any takers?

I'm currently working on a YA Paranormal Romance and am doing some edits on a YA Urban Fantasy for an R&R.

JadeVarden
01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm a YA writer. Tell me more.

Bufty
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
There's a YA Critique section right here.

Maryn
01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Amen, Bufty. Somebody pass the biscuits.

Maryn, who benefits much from her genre's SYW board

tprevost
01-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I know about the YA section, but thought it might be fun to get a specific group together that's smaller. I've always liked having a smaller group to work in, but that's just me.

tprevost
01-15-2013, 02:09 AM
JadeVardan, I'm just thinking of getting a small group of YA writers together where we'd email each other with a chapter or so once a week or every other week and we'd all critique the work. Just something small and informal.

Bufty
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
I think your reasoning may be flawed here.

You can't get a much smaller group than one - and it's individuals who read and critique submissions in SYW YA - it's not a group exercise. In any event there isn't exactly a flood of critters in that sub-Forum. ;)

I see no difference in what you're trying to achieve except that you lose the benefit of having your submissions read by a range of folk with varying degrees of experience even though only a few may decide to critique this or that submission.

Good luck. :Hug2:

Yeah, I know about the YA section, but thought it might be fun to get a specific group together that's smaller. I've always liked having a smaller group to work in, but that's just me.

BarbaraSheridan
01-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I see no difference in what you're trying to achieve except that you lose the benefit of having your submissions read by a range of folk with varying degrees of experience even though only a few may decide to critique this or that submission.

Good luck. :Hug2:

All excellent points, Bufty.

On the other hand, I'm part of a small group that "meets" via a private forum similar to this one. In addition to great feedback from pubbed & agented & those who soon will be. It's also about developing friendships that you might not because AW is so big with so many folks.

I echo the Good Luck. :)

jennarielly
01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm interested in this!