Need help with 2nd. Blog

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
I posted the request for advice in making a second blog and the problems I am having with it in a thread I posted earlier about adding images to the blog. But nobody responded, perhaps my cry for help drowned there. So I am going to post my plea again in a new thread.
I know everybody is busy, aren't we all, but I really would appreciate any help and advice, especially from those who have two or three bloggs with blogger.
--------------
I am back with more problems and the hope someone will be able to help me.

I have decided to make a second blog. Yes, I know, I must be crazy.

Here is the problems I am having:

1. If I create a new blog in the existing log on page it will not let me change the profile on the new blog. The two blogs will have the same profile, which I don't want.

Question: Is there a way to have the two blogs on the same log in page and still have a different profile for each blog?

2. Because of the above problem I tried to create a new account. But in the field "User Name" my existing user name comes up and no matter what I tried I cannot change it, it will come back as "error you canot use this username".

Question: If there is a way to overcome this how do I go about it?

I know there are some member here who have two or even three blogs on blogger. How did you do it. maestrowork has three blogs, very good once at that, and he had good advice for me before.

Thanks a lot in advance for all you advice.

Last edited:

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
Copied from Blogger Help

A single Blogger account can only have a single profile, so if you have multiple blogs that need different profiles, you may want to put them on different accounts. If two blogs that you want to be separate are already on the same account, you can create a new account and then move one of the blogs to it.

However, if you just want something to display differently on one blog (that is, you don't need an entire new profile page) then you can modify your template. Just find the tags called <$BlogItemAuthorNickname$> (used for your "posted by" name) and <$BlogMemberProfile$> (used to display your profile information in the sidebar) and replace them with whatever you like.

I don't know about this part with the username coming up. Do you have it set so that it remembers your username and password?

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Hi huntwriter - what Marilyn says about your username sounds right. There could be a cookie stored on your computer. However, her advice about the tags above is great - I think that will solve your problem and allow you to use the same log in...

You might try PM'ing astonwest. I'll say no more. ;)

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
Marilyn Braun and Dawno thank you very much for your advice.

I have established my second blog without creating a seperate account. After a bit of frustration and messing around it worked out, not quit the way I wanted it but acceptable.

I tried to change the profile and followed Marilyn Braun advice what I should do in the template html, but it did not work. I still had the other profile on it too. I am sure it is my lack of understanding and not the advice you gave me.

You all have helped me so much with advice and I am very greatful for it. Thank you all again.