New cover –*have at it!

kingsley

Registered
Reaction score
We've received the cover for our next Regency romance novella and i thought i'd share it here. I'm excited to hear what y'all think.

LiB-200w.jpg

====
Blurb: A rake’s cruel prank leaves the blind Olivia Blake ripe for humiliation on a ballroom dance floor. Then an even more notorious rake sweeps her into his arms. Soon she is seduced by the charm of Adrian Calwell, the scandal-chased Baron of Norbury.

Adrian’s only goal in rescuing Olivia was to thwart his rival’s heartless trick. But he finds that Olivia is well worth rescuing, and Adrian is eager to put his life as a rake behind him. But life and society conspire against the unlikely couple. Can Adrian rise above his sordid past to win Olivia's love?

Set against the backdrop of regency London, LOVE IS BLIND is a sweet and surprising novella that proves innocence and experience can be a perfect match.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Love, American Style popped in my head as soon as I glanced at it!! Very retro, and it would have made me pause.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
I like the type treatment, definitely gives a 1970's feel. The only thing is the margin--again, I know... make the type slightly smaller to give a better margin. Such a small margin would make me nervous if I was sending it to a printer.

kingsley

Registered
Reaction score
I like the type treatment, definitely gives a 1970's feel. The only thing is the margin--again, I know... make the type slightly smaller to give a better margin. Such a small margin would make me nervous if I was sending it to a printer.

Thanks for the feedback. This is ebook-only, so the margin isn't really a concern here. I will keep that in mind if/when we start creating print covers.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Thanks for the feedback. This is ebook-only, so the margin isn't really a concern here. I will keep that in mind if/when we start creating print covers.
Margins also give structure to the type... which might be a nice contrast given that the type is free flowing. Also margins prevent tangency in this case. (Margins have more functional reasons than for printing). Margins can also increase readability of the elements/type as well, since type works very much on negative space more than positive space. Just letting you know what margins are for so you can decide... rather than decide blind.

kingsley

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Tepelus, Rachel, et al. All your feedback very much appreciated. So excited for this launch!

kenebaker

Master of Meh!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kenebaker.com
It's not my choice of genre, but I have to say that the colour in the cover really catches me eye (and this is from a colour-blind guy) :)

ElJeffe

Registered
Reaction score
I love it, except I feel the upper part of the title is being lost among the flowers a little bit. If there's not an easy way to fix that - and I can't think of any offhand that would not involve major reworkings - I wouldn't worry too much about it.

AWriterBlocked

Registered
Reaction score
It's a nice picture, and I'd agree that it has a 70's feel ala the Brady Bunch. But if a picture is truly worth a thousand words, I'm not quite sure that this caught the essence of the blurb or the title ...

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
It's a nice picture, and I'd agree that it has a 70's feel ala the Brady Bunch. But if a picture is truly worth a thousand words, I'm not quite sure that this caught the essence of the blurb or the title ...

I have to agree. In no way does this cover match the book's genre or description. There is nothing classic about it.

aibrean

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilsadowski.com
Groovy fonts don't exactly make me think "Regency!" but if there's a precedent for it... (shrugs)

Hyacinth Bucket could pull it off.

What really bugs me is the copy/paste look of the flowers. They don't blend well into the background.