PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin Epic/Everlasting Contest

pepperlandgirl
01-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Last Thursday I learned that my submission to the Harlequin Epic/Everlasting contest, Engaging Carol, was a runner-up.

I was told that I'd be assigned to an editor who would contact me in 2-3 weeks with suggestions/critiques etc and she added, "We'll see where it goes from there." I guess there were 150 or so submissions.

So, in the meantime, I'm finishing the novel! I hadn't bothered before because I didn't think it would place at all, but I want to be prepared in case she requests the entire thing. (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

So cross your fingers for me!

Noob
01-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Good luck!

(fingers are crossed) :)

Lucky Penny
01-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Crossing fingers now! :) I certainly hope you get that call requesting the whole manuscript!

dragonjax
01-29-2006, 07:43 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!

veinglory
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
That's great news! Wow! Best of luck!

Susan Gable
01-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Last Thursday I learned that my submission to the Harlequin Epic/Everlasting contest, Engaging Carol, was a runner-up.

I was told that I'd be assigned to an editor who would contact me in 2-3 weeks with suggestions/critiques etc and she added, "We'll see where it goes from there." I guess there were 150 or so submissions.

So, in the meantime, I'm finishing the novel! I hadn't bothered before because I didn't think it would place at all, but I want to be prepared in case she requests the entire thing. (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

Wooo-hoooo! That's awesome news! They wouldn't give you those suggestions, etc. if they didn't see something in your work. I have to tell you, the editors working on Everlasting are AMAZING folks to work with.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Susan G.

clara bow
01-29-2006, 11:07 PM
That's fantastic! I hope you have GREAT luck in this endeavor.

pepperlandgirl
01-30-2006, 12:36 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm really excited because this could be The Big Break, but at the same time, I'm trying not to get overly-excited, because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment...

Vanessa
01-30-2006, 12:46 AM

Fingers Crossed! Good Luck! Keep us posted.

WriteStuff
01-30-2006, 04:15 AM
Big congratulations!

Sheryl Nantus
01-30-2006, 04:19 AM
you GO GIRL!!!

*happy Snoopy dance*

got my fingers crossed for ya...

:D

Cathy C
01-30-2006, 06:58 PM
WOO! You GET to get "overly-excited" pepperland! You FINALED!! Even if it goes no further, how many people do you think submitted to a H/S contest?! Thousands! Maybe tens of thousands!

:partyguy: :Jump: :PartySmil :TheWave:

Sheryl Nantus
01-30-2006, 07:17 PM
exactly!

get out there, buy a lottery ticket 'cause your luck is running high right now!!!

and if, God forbid, you don't get any further, this is SO going to help push your novel with other publishers... just imagine slapping THIS on your query!!!

*still doing happy Snoopy dance*

booyah!!!

Sonarbabe
02-01-2006, 09:30 AM
All I can say is, you go girl! I wish you the best of luck. The fingers on my left hand are crossed for you (since my right one is crossed in hopes that the agent who has my full will accept) and I agree that no matter what happens, you have awesome credentials to put in your next query letter! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out for you!

:snoopy: :e2bear:

Robin Bayne
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Awesome! Good luck!!

pepperlandgirl
02-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Thank you, everybody :) I'm still waiting for the promised phone call...I probably won't have any fingernails left when it finally comes, but I understand this business moves at a glacial pace...so I keep writing...

and letting my imagination run wild. I'm going to Rome with my first advance check :D ;)

Susan Gable
02-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Thank you, everybody :) I'm still waiting for the promised phone call...I probably won't have any fingernails left when it finally comes, but I understand this business moves at a glacial pace...so I keep writing...

and letting my imagination run wild. I'm going to Rome with my first advance check :D ;)

LOL! Uhhhhh...yeah, that is some wild imagination you've got there. <G>

Try not to chew your nails while you wait. I've got a partial on my editor's desk right now, too, so I can relate to the waiting. :) Hang in there, and still sending positive vibes for you!

Susan G,

pepperlandgirl
02-11-2006, 01:04 AM
The editor just called, asked me to send her the full MS, and she'd get back to me as soon as she could. Still coy, though. "We'll see where it goes from there."

Sheryl Nantus
02-11-2006, 01:06 AM
BOOYAH!!!

hey, it's better than nothing...

you GO, GIRL!!!

get out there and buy those lottery tickets.

seriously.

Susan Gable
02-11-2006, 02:12 AM
The editor just called, asked me to send her the full MS, and she'd get back to me as soon as she could. Still coy, though. "We'll see where it goes from there."

That's not being coy. There's no way they can tell from a partial from an unproven writer if they'll want to buy it or not.

You are a step further in the process. Fingers crossed!

Susan G.

RMS
02-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm so excited for you! Good Luck!

Renee Russell
03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Exciting news!!!! Sending out good karma to you!

Renee