• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed for Contemp Romance/Chick Lit, Willing to Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki_G

Here I Am!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolegreenauthor.com
Hi,

I'd like feedback on one of two novels that I'm revising:

Genre: Contemporary romance/chick lit
Word count: 80,000 (Leave a Bad Taste); 100,000 (Clinical Trials)
Critique desired: very big picture/structural
Very quick synopsis- Clinical Trials: Love story about law students in a third year legal clinic and their friends/sequel to my first novel (about most of these same law students). Leave a Bad Taste- about a playboy who finds out the girl he's been stringing along for years is getting married; also has a friends to lovers romance trope.

I would like a beta for one of two contemporary romance/chick lit novels. I'm self-publishing within a few months, so help on either would be great. I have several critique partners and a group, but I'd like a fresh set of eyes so to speak. I don't really have a good summary for either book at the moment, but if you'd like to get a feel for my work, you can go to: www.nicolegreen.webs.com. The working titles of the novels I'd like feecback on are: Clinical Trials and Leave A Bad Taste. You should find general info/tag lines on the site. Help on either novel (note: I wouldn't presume to ask you to read both) would be vastly appreciated.

I am looking for very big picture feedback here. Structural comments, whether or not the characters work/are compelling, pacing, a lack of scene setting/description, what's confusing to you, etc. I will provide the same if you have something you want me to beta because a) I don't really have time for anything more detailed, b) At the early stages of revision, I feel like line editing is a waste of time b/c the sentences you're quibbling over could end up being deleted completely in a subsequent draft, and c) That's all I'm willing to beta read for, so I wouldn't expect more from you.

If interested, please message me here or email me at niki.g82_at_gmail dot com. I'll be ready to exchange novels in about a week, so if you have something you need a week or so to finish up, this might be an ideal exchange for you. If you don't have anything to exchange and just want to beta, that would definitely be appreciated as well.

Note: I'm well aware my novels are not for everyone, and I'll warn you that they might not fit with your idea of what a romance novel is. I strongly suggest you check out my site and maybe even my Amazon reviews or Goodreads reviews. I completely understand if you'd like to sample a chapter or two before you decide whether you'd like to commit to reading the whole thing. I'm not looking for someone to go through a checklist of what they think a romance novel "should be". I'm basically looking for your response to the material as a reader.

CandiceAmanda

You are reading my user title.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
Still looking for Betas? I've got a completed, 50k contemp romance I'm looking to swap. If you're still searching too, I can send you a short synop.
Let me know?

email: [email protected]
or PM - either works :)

Best,
Candice

Status
Not open for further replies.